vpcaptain

Private Reg question Re SORN

Hi all,

I’ve just bought an E87 LCI 1.6 2009 as a summer project to work on and have taxed and insured it but I’m looking to SORN it for a couple of months to work on the car; timing chain change, serpentine belt and pulleys etc before putting it back on the road. 

I’ve also got a private reg on a retention certificate.

Question is are there any advantages in putting the reg on now while it’s taxed ( insurance company will no doubt charge admin fee.  Or do I take the car off the road SORN it and then uninsure it while it’s off road and then put the new plate on while it’s on SORN ?

any suggestions appreciated 

Rob 

BFFE2A17-9D15-4F06-8AFE-B95CD653E59B.jpeg

Edited by vpcaptain
Belt should read chain

Lol you are dead correct there timing chain in a plastic cassette known to cause  issues but hopefully not too late on my purchase 

Thanks 

My wife Toyota Estima import is insured with Adrian flux, or one of their partners. I managed to change the reg to her private plate via live chat in about 10 minutes and without any fees or charges 

Edited by Gte86
Fat fingers

Thanks I’ve been stung before £30/40 by the cheap insurance companies but ive got a monthly bmw flex policy so i’ll check with them first 

appreciate your advice though

Rob

I would not cancel the insurance while the car is off the road.  The saving versus the risk?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.