Scotty3810

Radio!!!

That’s it, I’ve had enough! The radio I paid £800 for from ADC Service in Manchester is doing my head in. I believe there is a conflict between the car and the headset. There is an annoying mute thing going on with this radio. If I turn the car back on, after using it without any issues, the radio and the cars safety system is muted and I can’t go into the car settings. It just says “no signal” Is there such a thing as a compatible after market radio for my 2011 F11? Any help would be great!! 

Aftermarket radio?? sounds very old fashioned :-) 

Can you give more details exactly what you mean by after market? and maybe some pictures?? are we talking replacement screen running android?

It is an Android and it comes with apple car play, DAB, reversing camera etc. The head unit is great, when it works, apart from this annoying mute thing. If I turn it back on soon after shutting the car down it goes mute. Still plays music/video but no sound. It also affects the cars safety systems. Parking Sensors, hazard warning audible sounds etc and it prevents me from going into the car settings which needs to be accessed whenever it has had work done. I had a new battery recently and my mechanic couldn’t access the ECU to introduce the new battery. It seems to me to be a conflict with the software in the BMW??