r0ryb

Battery impact gun

Morning guys, Hope someone can help me here. I’m after buying a good battery impact gun but don’t want to be spending silly money on one as I won’t be using it every day. Anyways does anyone know a good one to buy for like £130 Mark 

Do you own any dewalt 18v tools? 

I have used the dewalt dcf899 for 5 years daily as a mechanic and its still going. You can get a bare unit for 150 if you have the batteries already. 

1 hour ago, Gte86 said:

Do you own any dewalt 18v tools? 

I have used the dewalt dcf899 for 5 years daily as a mechanic and its still going. You can get a bare unit for 150 if you have the batteries already. 

Unfortunately I don’t have battery’s for any tools like that mate 

I haven't really used any apart from the ridiculously expensive snap on ones. 

Take the torque values quoted with a pinch of salt. My dewalt will struggle with some rusted bolts (audi driveshafts) and its listed as about 1000nm of breakaway torque

I paid ~£140 for a Dewalt DCF894n, slightly smaller than the 899 mentioned above.  I had already committed to the Dewalt brand for battery tools.  It makes short work of the chunkier nuts and bolts I've asked it to undo.

Needs the 5Ah battery to give it the post available power tho.

I bought a second hand sealey 24v gun for not very much off eBay along with a new copy battery, works a charm for the little that I use it (twice a year to change tyres)