Carrman2018

2020-4 Live maps full download available on Download Manager

20 hours ago, Carrman2018 said:

Your profile says an F11?

Yup should update that - text in signature up to date .....

Don’t seem to see a signature when using the mobile website. Is it just a desktop thing?

Yep - just answered my own question - don't see the garage on the mobile website that I use 99.9% of the time!!

Edited by Carrman2018

I think I have the same  ID7 LITE version as you can't see Remote Software upgrade in general settings. It's frustrating that a car manufactured in Nov 2019 isn't modern enough. They say it's missing an equipment that's installed at the factory. Want to really know why they can't upgrade?. We have all the requisite options live cockpit pro and wireless etc. Do we need the dealer to update software to get July 2020 and now Feb 2021 updates when it goes for service? 

Yes - ID7 Lite can only be updated by dealer. Good luck getting the updates for free. Consensus is that you have to say there is a defect in something like the Bluetooth to get them free. My dealer told me BMW are clamping down on paying for dealers to install upgrades, they say only recall updates are free.  I was warned before the July 2020 update BMW may insist on a £ 200+ charge - they didn’t because I genuinely had numerous software ‘issues’. I am so fed up with the whole saga I am getting a new Range Rover Velar in May - they have a poor reputation for software issues but they must be better and more customer focused than BMW 

On 2/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Carrman2018 said:

Good to hear.

I have learnt never to buy a new BMW in the year before LCI.

They did the same with the F10 where they bring in a suite of updates but not the full house until the LCI so you don’t get the full benefit...

WAs looking to trade in the RRS Hybrid for something smaller, this had good km's, good service plan and was a tidy car.  Wasn't aware at that time of ID's and Lite variants.

23 hours ago, Wivenhoe said:

Yes - ID7 Lite can only be updated by dealer. Good luck getting the updates for free. Consensus is that you have to say there is a defect in something like the Bluetooth to get them free. My dealer told me BMW are clamping down on paying for dealers to install upgrades, they say only recall updates are free.  I was warned before the July 2020 update BMW may insist on a £ 200+ charge - they didn’t because I genuinely had numerous software ‘issues’. I am so fed up with the whole saga I am getting a new Range Rover Velar in May - they have a poor reputation for software issues but they must be better and more customer focused than BMW 

Next service is due in August, I'm sure I can find some complaints / issues by then.  But surely updating to enable Android Auto is a safety feature. meaning complete hands free use, therefore complying with the law.

If i could have, I would have stayed with Range Rover. Despite what people say about the build quality, I had 3 Sports and didn't really have issues with any of them.

21 minutes ago, SteveW said:

If i could have, I would have stayed with Range Rover. Despite what people say about the build quality, I had 3 Sports and didn't really have issues with any of them.

That’s good to hear. Mechanically my 530e has been sound - Because of the initial software issues and disappointment with it and things like the quality of the so called Dakota leather, I just didn’t get to really like it. I won’t miss it and  hope I’ll find the Velar HSE is something I am happy with from day 1. 

i am a bit concerned about the width of the Velar vs the 530e but as there are so many wider cars on the road now, I’m hoping parking isn’t the problem it used to be. The Velar is smaller than the RR Sport - was it the problems parking that made you change from RR ?

In all honesty the parking was probably easier with the RRS due to its commanding height and the 360 surround cameras.  the 530e is low, has very low profile tyres, and the kerbs in Helsinki centre tend to be high blocks of granite.

The main reason to change was my daughter about to pass her driving test and the probable need for a 2nd car.  Just couldn't (at the moment) afford to run the RRS and a decent 2nd car.

It's been promised that as soon as it's viable we'll be back to RRS.

23 hours ago, rrm said:

Hi,

Just checked mine, G30, 2018, ID6, only shows 2020-03.

R

I can second that :angry: I'll check with the Stealer when mine is in next week for it's first service ...................

16 hours ago, Carrman2018 said:

FYI from another forum I see that the EVO maps 2021-1 are out today so some of you might want to check the download manager.....

Confirmed that one is now available via download manager .....................

2 hours ago, Mr H said:

Confirmed that one is now available via download manager .....................

Good news so your now ahead of the more up to date “Live” maps.

I suspect I’ll get an OTA 2021-1 shortly.

15 hours ago, rrm said:

Checked today, 2021-01 is available for me, G30 ID6, 2018.

Is that "Live" or another version ?

I’ve updated with 2021-1 on ID6 today. Still annoying that my road isn’t on there though. Only two and a half years since the house was built. I must say, depressingly the Mrs A-Class the updates are heaps better on that system. Although I imagine with ID7 that’s an improvement too. 

2 hours ago, Liam2594 said:

I’ve updated with 2021-1 on ID6 today. Still annoying that my road isn’t on there though. Only two and a half years since the house was built. I must say, depressingly the Mrs A-Class the updates are heaps better on that system. Although I imagine with ID7 that’s an improvement too. 

Really quite surprising.

There are several (huge) new housing developments not too far from me and I'm regularly surprised by new roads showing up in the updates before the houses are built and in fact before the road itself has been surfaced. Pot luck I guess.

2 hours ago, Boba said:

Really quite surprising.

There are several (huge) new housing developments not too far from me and I'm regularly surprised by new roads showing up in the updates before the houses are built and in fact before the road itself has been surfaced. Pot luck I guess.

As you say pot luck I believe. Just frustrating it still shows me not on any road when on the map at home. First world problems I suppose :lol:. The nav itself I find tip top if I'm honest.