Flat Cap

The world's most British car crash

Not a pleasant experience but could be easily avoided without the crash. Seems like BMW was almost fully on the right side of the road when Yaris approached it, also Yaris could use the brakes a little.

Agree with that too, I thought the Yaris appeared to brake late too and you hear it lock up, did he crash partly as he locked up or did he steer a bit too much?  Not his fault but I wonder.  Easy for me to say that sat in front of a computer tho.

Climbed out of the Yaris quite the thing tho, the wee car did well in the crash.

He took a while to brake, I agree. But some of those anticipatory reactions come with experience, which after two years driving sadly for him isn't long enough. Do Yaris' from that era not have ABS? He said his wheels locked up and it certainly looked like he drifted to the left in a mighty orchestra of tyre squeal.

The driver of the Yaris isn't driving at the right level of cautiousness for that road. The white lines on the road tell you there's a hazard coming up, and he reacts to none of them.

9 seconds in and you can see there's a junction positioned on a blind corner. He speed doesn't change at all on approach to it, despite there being no visibility around the corner or at the junction. 

12 seconds in and you can see a blind crest, the one which heads into the corner. Again his speed doesn't change on approach to this. 

18 seconds in and you can see the car on the other side of the road. He doesn't make any correctional/avoiding action until 21 seconds. 

The crash was caused by him overreacting as he was not driving in a suitable manner for the road he was on.