Jump to content
mrzeerox

[help] ratteling noise from dash/windscreen area

Recommended Posts

I had this noise for few days now but can't find the source. Its not any pullie at front. Like its comming indside dash and i can hear it little pit from outside if i bring my ear close enough. Any toughts? It can be heard little bit when driving. But when idle it screams :/

 

Car is BMW 525 Elegance Comfort 2.5 130kW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, edd_jedi said:

Could be the buttons on your indicator stalk, common rattle

It comes deeper from dash. Like behind speedomeeter. Not sure. Cant pinpoint it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My horn pad sometimes makes an annoying noise,

But coming from 'behind the dash & can be heard from outside'

My money's on the strut brace bulkhead bolt's, there hidden under the engine cover at the rear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

 

My money's on the strut brace bulkhead bolt's, there hidden under the engine cover at the rear.

This :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

My horn pad sometimes makes an annoying noise,

But coming from 'behind the dash & can be heard from outside'

My money's on the strut brace bulkhead bolt's, there hidden under the engine cover at the rear.

 

Mine were loose (among lots of others!), 2 were missing because they were snapped off and need re-tapping. Lazy previous mechanics!

 

If you raise the revs does the noise change or go away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ollie Campbell said:

 

Mine were loose (among lots of others!), 2 were missing because they were snapped off and need re-tapping. Lazy previous mechanics!

 

If you raise the revs does the noise change or go away?

If i raise the rpms or drive over 1700rpm it is almost impossible to hear

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mrzeerox said:

Any pics what ishould looking for? 

 

I'd check a couple of them....

 

The bolts that connect to points 3 & 4 on here (no idea why they show as different on this diagram, mine both look like part no 4):

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX72-EUR-03-2009-E61N-BMW-530d&diagId=51_5152

 

And the bolts that go through part no 8 here:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX72-EUR-03-2009-E61N-BMW-530d&diagId=41_1546

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ollie Campbell said:

 

I'd check a couple of them....

 

The bolts that connect to points 3 & 4 on here (no idea why they show as different on this diagram, mine both look like part no 4):

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX72-EUR-03-2009-E61N-BMW-530d&diagId=51_5152

 

And the bolts that go through part no 8 here:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX72-EUR-03-2009-E61N-BMW-530d&diagId=41_1546

Yep, no 3 & 8 no 4 won't be heard from behind the dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×