Sign in to follow this  
mpgscott

E61 2005 coding out EGR

Hi Folks,

So i have the various softwares installed and am using ISTA-D for diaognostics on the car which is excellent.

I have used NCS to code in my aux but one thing im looking to find out is about coding out my EGR on my pre-lci 2005 535d.  So ive blanked it all off but of course get the error of 4501 for Exhaust-gas recirculation control deviation, so is it possible to code this out with any of the various tools?  I have ISTA-P but have not yet got that running on the laptop.

Given the cheapest im being quoted to do this is around £180 plus travel whenever that will be allowed i might invest in finding kit and doing it myself.

Be great to get anyones thoughts on how to go about doing this and what would be required.

Thanks

Mark

I'm reasonably sure it's a remap rather than coding. Not sure who does that in your neck of the woods, but I know someone who might be able to do it remotely, or alternatively you send him your ECU / he sands it back mapped. Let me know if you need any details - but you might be able to find someone more local to you to do it.

9 hours ago, BFleming said:

I'm reasonably sure it's a remap rather than coding. Not sure who does that in your neck of the woods, but I know someone who might be able to do it remotely, or alternatively you send him your ECU / he sands it back mapped. Let me know if you need any details - but you might be able to find someone more local to you to do it.

Perfect, yes let me know the details might be an option to get it done remotely..

Thanks for that.