TerryTibbs

Rear view mirror knocked off

I was wiping the inside of my screen and managed to knock it of with my elbow, has anyone done the same , and what have you stuck it back on with?

very annoyed with myself and more annoying is the thing is swinging around. 

If the actual tab that holds it onto the windscreen has come off; you need the right adhesive to stick it back on

You could ask your local auto glass place to see if they'll do it for £beertokens; they'll have it sorted in 5mins!

44 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

If the actual tab that holds it onto the windscreen has come off; you need the right adhesive to stick it back on

You could ask your local auto glass place to see if they'll do it for £beertokens; they'll have it sorted in 5mins!

Cheers, good idea , after watching that vid I think I’ll glue it myself, 

And cheers mashmanu, the lots has come off but I didn’t know the mirror came apart like that, I can take it off now instead of it flopping around

Anecdotally the mirror in my E34 fell off - vibrations through car due to twatting the steering knuckle with a sledgehammer - don't ask. 

I called into BMW to get some glue "oh we don't do that sir, the screens come from the factory with the mounting tab already adhered. Has to be a special glue, says here they use epoxy resin." "Araldite then" "err yes sir." 

Been fine ever since.

P.S. Halfords mounting tabs are shit.