Dbcrd

Interior Blower Motor Manufacturer

Following on from an other post I'm looking to change my blower motor.  Part 64118385558. 

OEM manufacturer I think is valeo (though bmw may have used more than one manufacturer as is sometimes the case). The same blower is also fitted to range rovers of a certain age.

The Blower motor from the dealer is expensive I think £200 or more) .  Ill get a price nezt week.

There seem to be a number of motors available on line from other established and recognised manufacturers such as Nissens, Febi and Denso.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of any of these or similar.  Given how long it takes to fit the blower motor I don't want to fit an inferior motor that later fails.

Edited by Dbcrd

I’m not averse to buying the same product without the BMW logo but went OEM for this because I didn’t want it to ever fail again...no guarantee that it won’t but so far so good! If you think about the difference in cost between OEM or pattern and the time & effort to remove the dash a second time it didn’t make sense to me. It’s not the worst job to do but takes a few hours.

35 minutes ago, Dbcrd said:

Following on from an other post I'm looking to change my blower motor.  Part 64118385558. 

OEM manufacturer I think is valeo (though bmw may have used more than one manufacturer as is sometimes the case). The same blower is also fitted to range rovers of a certain age.

The Blower motor from the dealer is expensive I think £200 or more) .  Ill get a price nezt week.

There seem to be a number of motors available on line from other established and recognised manufacturers such as Nissens, Febi and Denso.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of any of these or similar.  Given how long it takes to fit the blower motor I don't want to fit an inferior motor that later fails.

Just sent my pal a Whatsapp with an E39 M5; he's got the Nissens one fitted and zero issues in 2 years

Had similar issues to yours; lots of weird noses and some constant spinning with power off etc.

Said it was absolutely full of crud when he removed it. Took him a day to sort; morning to evening in his garage. Took lots of pics on his mobile so he knew what came from where and where it needed to go back etc

47 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Just sent my pal a Whatsapp with an E39 M5; he's got the Nissens one fitted and zero issues in 2 years

Had similar issues to yours; lots of weird noses and some constant spinning with power off etc.

Said it was absolutely full of crud when he removed it. Took him a day to sort; morning to evening in his garage. Took lots of pics on his mobile so he knew what came from where and where it needed to go back etc

Thanks Dan.  I was wondering if Nissens are any good and can't see why only Valeo would be OK.  In my experience Nissens radiators are the best (some say better tan OEM), so a respected manufacturer.

Really not looking forward to doing this on the drive, having stripped half the dash to fit the head unit and reverse cam last year this is worse. Will try struggle on until weather gets warmer.

6 minutes ago, Dbcrd said:

Thanks Dan.  I was wondering if Nissens are any good and can't see why only Valeo would be OK.  In my experience Nissens radiators are the best (some say better tan OEM), so a respected manufacturer.

Really not looking forward to doing this on the drive, having stripped half the dash to fit the head unit and reverse cam last year this is worse. Will try struggle on until weather gets warmer.

Have you room to put a gazebo up pal and maybe a large B&Q tarp over that?

Done that before when I've sorted both rear door vapour barriers etc and had front doors apart to fit replacement mirrors etc

Cold; but at least dry!