Jump to content
marko530d

Genuine bmw screen wash

Recommended Posts

I have been using Prestone Max Visibility screenwash now for 15months at £4.49 5lt ready mixed, prior to that I used Holts concentrated screenwash, I have noticed that prestone is by far superior at cleaning the screen than any other brand with no smearing, and to be honest I have not had any trouble with any reputable screen wash clogging up the filter, even changing from different reputable brands which some say it's likely to block the filter.

 

https://www.toolstation.com/prestone-max-visibility-screenwash-rtu/p99628

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oilburner said:

I have been using Prestone Max Visibility screenwash now for 15months at £4.49 5lt ready mixed, prior to that I used Holts concentrated screenwash, I have noticed that prestone is by far superior at cleaning the screen than any other brand with no smearing, and to be honest I have not had any trouble with any reputable screen wash clogging up the filter, even changing from different reputable brands which some say it's likely to block the filter.

 

https://www.toolstation.com/prestone-max-visibility-screenwash-rtu/p99628

Catch Prestone on clearance at Morrisons at the end of seasons and you can pick it up for a quid a gallon. I just stock up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good price for genuine BMW fluid.

 

I'm sticking with the genuine stuff too as swopping to Halfords stuff caused my washers to gum up and going back to genuine sorted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trick I understand is to ensure you clean out the tank and jets with a tank of plain water before switching brand.

 

Personally for £20 quid and how much I use my car I stick with the original. If I was going through it though I'd look for cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apples12 said:

Catch Prestone on clearance at Morrisons at the end of seasons and you can pick it up for a quid a gallon. I just stock up! 

 

Was that this Prestone Ultra Performance Summer Screen Wash they were discounting, does seem there are a few different types of Prestone screen wash some of them don't get very good write-ups, but the Prestone max-visibilty screen wash gets top marks and is the one to buy.

 

Morrisons only show this one and is no longer available now.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/prestone-ultra-performance-summer-screen-wash-455954011?from=shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the Preston's stuff,have done for years as it's what my local factors sells. Great stuff. Only thing is that because of the colour it looks like someone is peeing on your screen:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, deano16v said:

I use the Preston's stuff,have done for years as it's what my local factors sells. Great stuff. Only thing is that because of the colour it looks like someone is peeing on your screen:lol:


I used the Prestone stuff once and it smelled like someone was peeing on the screen too.....!! :unsure:

Never again.

Personally I have been using Halfrauds own 5lt Berry flavour concentrate for years. Specifically the concentrate as it’s only a fiver and I mix it however I like depending on the weather. Used with many different cars down the years and never had a problem with blockages , freezing , etc, plus it smells great.

I’m very much a “picky bugger” with my cars and I’m absolutely not a fan of the company but would definitely recommend this screenwash. 
Everyone will probably have their own opinion on it but I have always believed in regularly using my washers every time I get in the car and don’t fill up the reservoir until it’s almost empty, limiting the mix of old and new fluid.
Maybe bollox, but it’s served me well for a very long time   :D ,  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×