Sign in to follow this  
sharkfan

Front control arms - OEM or aftermarket

Just a quick trawl of opinions - I have a couple of cars requiring different control arms and after some recent hefty bills was wondering if Meyle or any other brand was worth using instead of the still pricey OEM stuff?

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Meyle or Moog for me, all the way

Rarely have I had issues with them, more issues personally with Lemforder.

I normally go for Meyle or Lemforder. I think the rear anti roll bar links had the bmw part number milled off

13 minutes ago, Steve van hool said:

I used after market, control arms, 6 years ago whilst important, are not the most technical item on a car, an alloy casting, with a ball joint at one end.

You can unfortunately get crap rubber bushings in them though (which I've come a cropper before with); I've had issues with Lemforder, Delphi, TRW etc

It can be a minefield at times; that's why I tend to stick to Meyle, Moog and OEM from BMW Cotswolds, where necessary

I can only speak as I find Dan, Lemforder are I think OE, and Delphi are quite well known, mine have been on 6 years and counting, carn't remember the make, think it was Qdrive fitted 11 year ago pal.

Edited by Steve van hool

2 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

I can only speak as I find Dan, Lemforder are I think OE, and Delphi are quite well known, mine have been on 6 years and counting, carn't remember the make, think it was Qdrive fitted 11 year ago pal.

Bloody hell that's good going! :lol: 

I would normally swear by Meyle but I recently  had to replace one of their front lower control arms after 12000 miles due to wear at the bush. My local factors only had a TRW arm in stock so I used that as a replacement. The original upper and lower control arms lasted 220000 miles.