mpgscott

E61 tailgate struts

Can anyone recommend a decent set of replacement  gas struts for the E61?

I fitted these cheap ones https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-BMW-5-Series-E61-Estate-04-10-Rear-Tailgate-Boot-Gas-Struts-Lifter-Supports/223642311436?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 and they are rubbish thought it might for £13 so wanting something better that doesnt break the bank, anyone recommend a set? 

Also when i was sorting out the wiring i broke one of the small plastic fittings that hold the cable channel metal cable routing pieces on, anyone know where you can get replacement from?

Thanks

Mark

2 hours ago, RightHandGoose said:

Stablis are out of the factory for the e61 and I have them. Autodoc 

Perfect, would you happen to have a link for them?

cheers

6 hours ago, mpgscott said:

Also when i was sorting out the wiring i broke one of the small plastic fittings that hold the cable channel metal cable routing pieces on, anyone know where you can get replacement from?

You mean Nr.3 ?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX72-EUR-04-2007-E61N-BMW-530d&diagId=61_1967

I went for a set from SGS however I don't think they're that great, boot is still heavy and doesn't really lift the boot up just holds it in place.

If I'd go again I'd go with the ones from autodoc

First time around I bought a cheapo set off eBay and no joke, it almost cost my sons life. The boot door flew up with such speed (normally I’d be doing it so would make it slowly rise) that it went off the stops then can down with its full weight onto his head. Fortunately he was using the boot to put his scooter in and as such had his biking helmet on his head. The helmet was a write off but it saved him from serious injury or worse. Don’t mess about and get the Stabilis (or whatever they’re called) ones from Autodoc. A doddle to fit, smooth and will last the rest of the cars life.