Sign in to follow this  
db9

Harness repair - alternative source for terminals

Hello,
Winter project, doing harness work and some of the connectors I wish to repopulate (replacing spliced joints) some of the 2.5 mm pins, so BMW 61131376191/193 & 61131376202/204 .. are there any AMP or Molex equivalents that would be more cost effective when bought in bulk from Newark or Mouser?

Thank you,

Within RealOEM.. Single component Harness Repair..

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=HK23-USA-04-1995-E34-BMW-530i&diagId=61_2861

There is the listing for circular contact and snap-in receptacle - these are used in various connectors around the car - e34 audio for one as well as on the e28 for the diagnostic connector. These items are available from the various BMW part suppliers - typically about 1.50$ US per piece, so the cost can add up quickly.

Has anyone who has done harness repair found a source of these items cross referenced to a AMP or Molex part number? This would allow me to purchase from a electronic supply house ( IE. Newark, DIgiKey or Mouser) where you're able to buy in bulk and keep costs in check.

Thank you,

I've just checked the price on one part, 61131376191 . Its 1 euro for 25 pieces.

The corresponding snap-in receptacle, 61131376202, is 0.6 euro for 25 pieces.

If you have any issues ordering these parts from BMW drop me a PM,

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by Dongiov