5er_Guy

Fitment E28 Alpina Front Spoiler (later valance)

Hello all, has anyone fitted an Alpina front spoiler to their E28 (with later valance). I need to know what were the correct screws and spacers used by Alpina back then or the best ones to use currently.

Many thanks

Hi Lloydy,

I have been lead to believe that Alpina had a front lower lip spoiler "cow catcher" for both the early and the late lower valance on an E28.

I recently obtained a later type 654 from Schmiedmann for the Bronzitbeige Eta which has the later type lower valance.

4100653 BMW E28 -  Frontspoiler lip original Alpina type 654

Stay safe and best regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

On 16/12/2020 at 13:07, 5er_Guy said:

Hello all, has anyone fitted an Alpina front spoiler to their E28 (with later valance). I need to know what were the correct screws and spacers used by Alpina back then or the best ones to use currently.

Many thanks

Hi,

Try talking to Steve Curtis at "Classic bahnstormers".

http://www.classicbahnstormers.com/

He has my Bronzitbeige Eta in for a body restoration and re-paint and will be fitting a later type 654 to it as part of the restoration process.

4100653 BMW E28 -  Frontspoiler lip original Alpina type 654

Stay safe and best regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

Great info! Be interested to see the car when it comes back. I hear good things about those guys. 

and very happy to stand corrected and learn something new. 

all the best! 

1 hour ago, Lloydy said:

Great info! Be interested to see the car when it comes back. I hear good things about those guys.

Hi Lloydy,

I have some pictures from Steve of the work in progress on the Bronzitbeige Eta which I will post up later.

Steve seems to have a good team around him and he is running a business which is also his hobby, how cool to be able to do that.

Most of us have to work jobs we probably don't enjoy to be able to earn the money to pay for the hobby we do like :grin:

Best regards,

Mick

That’s so true! Yes I’d be really keen to see the work. Mines in excellent shape, never been restored as it’s always been in the family, but just gets whatever it needs in an ongoing basis. That said it’s 38 years old and there will come a time and nothing makes me more nervous than entrusting it to someone who either doesn’t care or hasn’t got the skill / team around them. 

Thanks for the message. 
Darren