jimboe39

Metal headlight adjusters

Hi all, anyone know where I can purchase some metal/aluminium headlight adjusters.? Had a trawl online and saw some pictures but no suppliers here in the UK.

TIA,

Jim

I bought mine last year from an ebay seller in the Netherlands for £30 the pair plus £7 shipping.

I checked and they are not on at the moment from that seller or others I saw at the time.  The only ones I could see were in the far East.

I can provide the NL seller info if that helps.

15 minutes ago, Dbcrd said:

I bought mine last year from an ebay seller in the Netherlands for £30 the pair plus £7 shipping.

I checked and they are not on at the moment from that seller or others I saw at the time.  The only ones I could see were in the far East.

I can provide the NL seller info if that helps.

Yes please buddy, that would be great

These seem to be like hens teeth at the moment.  £70 per pair is ridiculous for what they are.  Only one I could find actually possible to buy is this.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1441938792.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-detail.productBottomBar.viewDetails&_gl=1*bafcbs*_ga*MzIxNjEzMDYzLjE2MDc2MDE4MjE

Hi,

With the ones off AliExpress, just be prepared for VAT to be added. If the seller does things properly and puts the real value of the goods on the declaration form, it'll be over the £15 allowance as detailed by the UK government. It'll be less than the £135 threshold on which Customs Duty is applied. 

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

For such small items, perhaps the postage is included in the price? 

Once paid for fully, it'll be perhaps around the £70 level or maginal amount more if the shipping will be charged. 

Cheers, Dennis!

I’m now offering a mail in adjuster service (plastic but lifetime warranty from me) £85 including return postage, no cutting no baking I do them through the back, your headlights will be returned exactly as they were only with functioning adjusters!!

if you local £75 for drop off service fast turn around times too!

pm if interested 

9 hours ago, e34m525i said:

I’m now offering a mail in adjuster service (plastic but lifetime warranty from me) £85 including return postage, no cutting no baking I do them through the back, your headlights will be returned exactly as they were only with functioning adjusters!!

if you local £75 for drop off service fast turn around times too!

pm if interested 

Thanks buddy, whereabouts are you situated?

I know it's inevitable that the original plastic ones eventually break, but they seem to last 15+ years. Mine went last year and they were 17 years old. Is the rest of the car going to last another 15 years? doesn't seem worth spending that much money on metal adjusters when nylon ones are a tenner.

1 hour ago, e34m525i said:

I’m in St. Helens mate, work in Manchester so if you cross paths with any of those I could take them off you in person but failing that you can post them into me if need be 

1 hour ago, e34m525i said:

I’m in St. Helens mate, work in Manchester so if you cross paths with any of those I could take them off you in person but failing that you can post them into me if need be 

I am down in Cornwall buddy, not much chance of our paths crossing :D, I think I will order some plastic ones and see how I get on. If it all goes pearshaped I will get your address and send them to you. all the best. Regards, jim