weber magic

Do I have cruise control???

Hi all, 

I have bought myself a 2003 520i sport touring after bing out of an E39 for a long time I have been looking around for a manual sport spec 520 touring for a while so when this came up I had to have it. It needs completely going through as I intend to keep this car long term but one of my immediate disappoints is that the cruise control does not work. 

The car has the late style multi function steering wheel with the cruise control buttons but on trying the cruise control it did not illuminate in the Low OBC cluster nor did it appear to function. I ran the chassis number through the decoder and there is no mention of cruise control. How can I check for sure if this car has cruise control or not? 

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank in advance. 

4 minutes ago, weber magic said:

Yes, hit the on/off button and got nothing. On all the other E39's I've owned you get the yellow cruise symbol come up in the dash to say it on. 

It's actually green symbol, but yes, if cruise control is turned in, there's should be green symbol on low cluster as well. I would start with fault scan, I have heard that faulty MAF sensor can make cruise control inoperative. 

Try a battery reset (undo battery and leave disconnected for 30mins) and see if that resets the systems etc

Other than that, as Ray said, get the codes read (INPA etc) and see what pops up

It's definitely a sport and not a run out ES that someone has fitted a multifunction steering wheel to? Actually, were the ES's available as a touring?