RandomName

Aux volume level

I’ve just installed the Andream android head unit and while it works well and the sound quality is good the volume could do with being a bit louder. My car was not originally fitted with an AUX but I’ve coded it in. I seem to remember in another topic that there was a way to code aux with a higher volume level but am struggling to find it.

Anyone able to shed some light? It’s a pre lci with logic 7 if that makes a difference.

Yes, I remember seeing something but can't find it either. I found this old 2010 reference:

You are probably all aware that the built in lead for Aux in with an Ipod is very quiet as a source becasue BMW have fitted 2 capacitors and a resistor in the Aux In line.

I tried this first from the Nokia kit and it too was very quiet, requiring the head unit to be maxed to get a decent volume risking deafness when you switch back to radio for example.

I decided I would make a lead up to go striaght from the Nokia kit to the back of the head unit without the capacitors and resistor and try it cautiously (on a quiet track) and its perfect.

https://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/41082-iphone-integration-for-bluetooth-phone-and-bluetooth-ipod/

Google around as some say they for electrical protection and don't impact on sound quality :|.

I can only speak for my LCI and before getting an Android unit I always has this low Aux volume problem. I tried the mod to remove the capacitor/resistor filter but it made little to no difference. With the Android unit the volume is great and on a par with the radio. The harness supplied would bypass the factory Aux filter anyway so not sure what the mod would bring to the table.

Keliuss

Edited by Keliuss

I’d seen the resistor removal mod but as I don’t have an aux port I didn’t think it was relevant.

If memory serves there was a way to adjust the aux db level through coding but can’t for the life of me find it. I’m also thinking it might be lci only.

The quality is good but is definitely a good bit quieter than the other sources.

It doesn’t help that the iPhone keeps trying to save my hearing be cutting the Bluetooth volume as it thinks it’s connected to headphones.

2 hours ago, Keliuss said:

I searched high and low for a fix at the time and never came across anything about coding.

Keliuss

It isn’t beyond the realm of possibility that I imagined it. It’s not the first time Ive thought I read something was possible only to find no trace when I actually needed.

I have a video about it, can't remember exactly what was it but in Caudi module there was option to increase gain to +7db for aux-in

From 5:11

Edited by Biotoxic
Link added

It's not the same, but it should be better. If somebody else is doing it and it's not working then leave the car switched off for about 15 minutes and then it should work. Sometimes car needs to go to "sleep" then awaken to see the effect of the coding. 

8 hours ago, Biotoxic said:

It's not the same, but it should be better.

Correct. A good improvement though. The problem I have now is that the phone keeps dropping the Bluetooth volume as it thinks it’s streaming through headphones. Other than that I’m very pleased with the device.