cornershop

Bluetooth on CD43

The feedback leads me to think it's a bit hit and miss. Some seem to be very happy with his stuff, and others less so. I guess you have buyer protection if it doesn't work.

I used this one when installing a cd43 in my e34 a couple weeks ago:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MTL5JJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was easy to install, just slots between the existing harness in the dash and the stereo and running the microphone under the dash/steering wheel and up behind the trim in the a-pillar was easy enough.

Has been faultless to date, sound quality is good streaming spotify on my iphone.

Phone hooks up automatically every time I get in the car. 

Nice integration into the CD43 - forward and back buttons move you between tracks or if the phone rings forward picks up the call and backwards rejects it. 

Would buy again / recommend. Give me a shout if you have any questions - happy to help.

Edited by lozmccall1

2 hours ago, cornershop said:

@lozmccall1 thanks for that.  Was it the specific device in the link you provided above? As that doesn’t state e36 compatibility, which is what I was expecting to see if it were to work with Cd43

Yep, that exact one. 

My cd43 was a rover model but they're identical from a wiring perspective. 

Edited by lozmccall1

3 minutes ago, lozmccall1 said:

Yep, that exact one. 

My cd43 was a rover model but they're identical from a wiring perspective. 

Excellent, thanks - will get one ordered. Looks a bit less cumbersome than the one I linked.

12 hours ago, lozmccall1 said:

I used this one when installing a cd43 in my e34 a couple weeks ago:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MTL5JJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was easy to install, just slots between the existing harness in the dash and the stereo and running the microphone under the dash/steering wheel and up behind the trim in the a-pillar was easy enough.

Has been faultless to date, sound quality is good streaming spotify on my iphone.

Phone hooks up automatically every time I get in the car. 

Nice integration into the CD43 - forward and back buttons move you between tracks or if the phone rings forward picks up the call and backwards rejects it. 

Would buy again / recommend. Give me a shout if you have any questions - happy to help.

If you are listening to the radio and the phone rings, does the kit interrupt the radio and the call takes over when you accept it? 

(showing my age here, I don't have Spotify etc) 

13 hours ago, stevenc3828 said:

If you are listening to the radio and the phone rings, does the kit interrupt the radio and the call takes over when you accept it? 

(showing my age here, I don't have Spotify etc) 

it appears there are 2 modes, unsure what the differences are:

• Answer/end calls via the title forward/back button. 
  • In adapter mode, the music silently and it rings in the speakers. 
  • In radio mode, the CD changer must be selected, and the call is accepted.

The amazon description could be clearer, I guess it was translated from German. I'm guessing the two modes are relating to the head unit - radio and Bluetooth adapter (formally CD changer). 

I guess what I want is not possible 

Looks correct to me. The plug's locking mechanism slides up to unlock the plug from the radio socket. In your pics you have the locking mechanism in the down, or locked position, i.e. how it should be when on the radio. You need to slide it back up before plugging in, then as you push it in you also push the lock down.

Keliuss

Edited by Keliuss

Okay good stuff - with the additional loom/bluetooth adapter its a bit of tight fit behind the dash when slotting the headunit in. I found it useful to guide the wiring to the left (behind the clock/OBC) prior to sliding the headunit in to give it some space. 

19 minutes ago, lozmccall1 said:

Okay good stuff - with the additional loom/bluetooth adapter its a bit of tight fit behind the dash when slotting the headunit in. I found it useful to guide the wiring to the left (behind the clock/OBC) prior to sliding the headunit in to give it some space. 

Thanks will do that.

Q - do you have to use a half cage as per pic?  

I turned the Allen head screwsnon

borh sides - I couldn’t see how they would help secure the unit.

1AE33069-EC9D-491C-90A1-C8DFD6D1FA7B.jpeg

Nope, didn't use any additional cage. I had one like that^ from the previous sony stereo that was in there that I removed prior to installing the cd43. The grub screws pull a tab towards you as you tighten them which grabs onto the back side of the dash. I had to apply a fair amount or pressure on the headunit (pushing inward) whilst tightening them up. Have a play and it should all work - get it in there with the grub screws loosened off and the positioning right and then tighten.

I have a cassette unit but I think the screw mechanism is the same. No cage needed. There is quite a bit of travel on the screws to get it to clamp. I found the unit needs to be supported in the correct location (apply pressure to bottom of the face) while doing the last clamping turns to get it to sit right.

Untitled.jpg.5eab1e946835097581cd03fb628ae61e.jpg

Keliuss