IanDubE28

Cruise Control install questions

Hey all

Would like to install cruise control in my 1985 528i auto. I doubt will use much but I like putting options onto the car. So have a few questions maybe someone here can answer:

1. Is there any difference in parts for RHD vs LHD? Mine is RHD and most of the parts available are in the USA. 

2. Are any of the parts specific to the particular model E28, e.g will parts from 535i work on a 528i auto?

3. Has anyone done this install before and any hints or tips?

Thanks

Ian

From what i recall you need parts from an M30 engine'd car as the TB is different but that might just be the cable.

You'll need to do some digging on real OEM for specifics. I can't see LHD / RHD being an issue as the engine bay isn't handed and nor is the steering column.

The loom might be shorter on a LHD car though as the actuator and controls will be on the same side of the car.

As a very minimum you will need cc motor, cc wand, cc control unit, cc relay, cc brake pedal stop switch, but before all that it is worth checking if you car has the cc wiring loom already installed, if not, you will be chasing your tail.

20 minutes ago, Steve van hool said:

As a very minimum you will need cc motor, cc wand, cc control unit, cc relay, cc brake pedal stop switch, but before all that it is worth checking if you car has the cc wiring loom already installed, if not, you will be chasing your tail.

Do you know, I never even thought that it might be there already. Will check.