Skynet5

Nice surprise

Just booked my car in for a service. They told me it had a 5 year service plan and so my major service is free.

Nice.

Why didn't the dealer mention this when I bought the AUC last December I will never know. All the haggling...

Congrats and win win. My 66 Plate car is going in for its free major service on the 23rd too, nice to take advantage of the first owners generosity before the big bills start rolling in... ;)

C.

10 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/service-workshop/servicing/service-online-booking.html

Put in your car details and select the dealer and over on the right side it will give your vehicle details and tell you if there's a service pack.

Ok So I have some questions!

If I put in my Reg in it says Service Packs included.  So that agrees with what Blue Bell BMW Crewe said over the phone when I booked it in.

If I select the Halliwell Wilmslow where I bought the car it comes up with Service As Required (Inclusive) and End of Warranty Check (Inclusive)

If I select the nearest place to me (Blue Bell where I booked it in on Friday) I don't get these options listed....

Not too fused as Blue Bell mentioned the service pack anyway...but thinking I didnt even remember the end of warranty check or MOT that it would need.

I guess the end of Warranty check means nothing to me...car is running fine, but I guess I 'll go round the car and check stuff in general.

Edited by Skynet5

2 hours ago, Skynet5 said:

Ok So I have some questions!

If I put in my Reg in it says Service Packs included.  So that agrees with what Blue Bell BMW Crewe said over the phone when I booked it in.

If I select the Halliwell Wilmslow where I bought the car it comes up with Service As Required (Inclusive) and End of Warranty Check (Inclusive)

If I select the nearest place to me (Blue Bell where I booked it in on Friday) I don't get these options listed....

Not too fused as Blue Bell mentioned the service pack anyway...but thinking I didnt even remember the end of warranty check or MOT that it would need.

I guess the end of Warranty check means nothing to me...car is running fine, but I guess I 'll go round the car and check stuff in general.

How old is the car? If coming to the end of its warranty, let BMW give it a once over - their end of warranty check - all it costs you is the petrol/diesel to take the car there and if BMW find anything they'll fix it. MOT you'll need to pay for of course.

Agreed I did the end of warranty check recently on our F21 and its piece of mind that they have seen it and checked it over. More important if you have some niggles you want sorted. They will top fluids up etc and get it up on the ramp for full check over of tyres etc and coming up to colder period this can only be a good thing.

Sent from my Samsung S10+ using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

How old is the car? If coming to the end of its warranty, let BMW give it a once over - their end of warranty check - all it costs you is the petrol/diesel to take the car there and if BMW find anything they'll fix it. MOT you'll need to pay for of course.

Coming up to 4 years old. It's an AUC.

I can have the end of warranty check done at another BMW dealership right?  I suppose it makes sense as my service is due just before the end of the AUC warranty they can do it all at once.

Edited by Skynet5

My car is originally from Blue Bell Crewe but Halliwell Jones Wilmslow are much closer. 

It had a 5 year service pack purchased when new. 

Booked it in for an oil change and cabin filters only and HJ Wilmslow presented me with a bill for over £500. I nearly fell off the chair. Told the lady I think you'll find this car has a service pack and a quick check later they gave me the keys and let me go. 

I prefer to use Blue Bell if I can or want to use an official dealership, which is rare. Now there are price limits on BMW website for older cars (mines 10 years old in two month) it has been back for an oil and filter change to Wilmslow for about £130 which is about the same as my indy so gets an official stamp (whatever that means these days). 

I took mine in for the value oil change and MOT last year, and they didn't want to do the oil change as it was only 1 eyar into it's 2 year oil life. I insisted they change the oil but they refused to update the service record as the oil change wasn't due. They wouldn't change the brake fluid either. This year is going to be fun as the front dics and pads are due, but I'm changing them before it gos in for service and MOT, and I've had the brake fluid changed last April. I've also changed the air and cabin filters so this is going to be an interesting conversation with BMW service reception.....