Ecobasic

E39 530D manual swap problem

Hello Guys,

I completed the manual swap by doing all the electronical things (flashing manual DDE Software etc), and fitting a manual E-gaspedal.
Everything works fine, however in lower rpms 1500-2100 approximately if i go full throttle the car gets some boost and instantly goes off power again even showing on the current consumption dial, then spools up again and loses power again, all until 2150 RPM where everything is fine afterwards and all the power is here.
Does anybody have an idea?

BR
Michael

Are you sure you have a manual pedal?

Did you have to modify it to fit the connector?

I had this problem after a manual swap, but it was down to the auto pedal.

For me, when maxed throttle the DDE light would come on and power would cut, regardless of speed or RPM. Turns out the auto pedal (35426786281) has a touch more range than the manual (kick down...), and the manual ECU has no idea what to do with it. The solution was to change the pedal for a manual (35426786282). The manual pedal  has a couple of additional tabs in the plug socket that need cutting out before it will fit.

Manual is B in this picture  connector.jpg

Edited by sinner

Hello sinner!

I used the exact pedal you mentioned, and for the connector i pinned on the one from the manual since they cut the wire from the donor car after the plug.

No dde lights either for me, and i know the complete cut. It isnt a complete cut tho, it feels like its just regulating the power down

What errors is it throwing?

Did anything else change on the car?  ...MAP sensor etc?

Do you have Testo? http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1830510-Diagnostic-program-with-realtime-graph-view

It's worth logging: target boost, actual boost, target rail, actual rail, and presupply.

I've seen issues like that when the rail is over or undershooting target pressure. logging presupply will tell you if the problem is before or after the CP1.

Edited by sinner