Jump to content
greenelekta

E39 Alpina B10V8S Touring UK Auction (Jap import)

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Bumbaclut said:

Hang on a minute, all Jap imports a cream pies according to some on here! Not tonced up shitters with missing chunks of history let alone the Jap reputation for poor bodywork repairs 

 

You are such a narrow minded prick... 

 

So you're going to whitewash EVERY Japanese import car; because one has been found to be crash damaged?

Wonder how many crash damaged UK cars are driving on the roads with no report of the damage as it's been fixed etc...?

 

Why don't you keep your cockwomble opinions to yourself about cars, unless you've got proof to back up your wild claims; STFU :) 

 

FYI I've owned Jap imports from Hondas & Mitsubishi's to now a BMW and NONE of them have ever had any crash damage work done to them and that's dating back to 2002... But hey, what do I know? :idea:

Edited by d_a_n1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cableguy said:

 

From a very trusted source, yes.

 

I have exchanged emails with Edward Lovett (Founder of Collecting Cars) and he has the information I received. He is looking into the matter.

 

C.

 

Ah that's a shame; hopefully they'll be able to shed some light on the damage and hopefully it won't be anything major... 

 

However, the pricing is unfortunate with that history. Wonder what will happen with it all now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

My Jap hasn't fallen apart - yet :rolleyes:

 

 

 

Give it 5mins and it'll split in 2 on your drive, probably where its been zipped together :roll::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

 

Give it 5mins and it'll split in 2 on your drive, probably where its been zipped together :roll::lol:

:shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a fairly strong tug on my fishing line! Name calling on the internet, well its just a bit silly really, like crashed jap imports with missing history   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always found it's been a risk - as with all risks you might get lucky or unlucky. Another for example is a lwb Alpina B12 6.0 in rhd with very low miles, no history but good condition. No sooner had it landed than it needed an Alpina gearbox rebuild, no sooner had the owner got it running than it needed £20k of engine work... and the owner was a specialist in importing cars from Japan. The low mileage was the massive lie - probably well over 80k miles hence the gearbox melt-down and lack of servicing precipitating the wrong engine oil and subsequent damage.

 

He'd imported dozens of cars over the years, some with some work needed, a lot with none, but this one bit him hard and deep.

 

I'm really pleased that Dan and Loadmaster have got great cars but you can't say fairer than you're taking a risk - there are reasons some cars get sold and exported relatively cheaply, and just like any auction car - you could get burned.

 

For info, the silver E38 B12 5.7 that was sold had mismatched rear lights, no PDC sensors, facelifted front wings, headlights and indicators, non-working headlight wash and missing rear valance Alpina exhaust trims; turns out it had been in a multi-car pile up and suffered front and rear damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sharkfan said:

I've always found it's been a risk - as with all risks you might get lucky or unlucky. Another for example is a lwb Alpina B12 6.0 in rhd with very low miles, no history but good condition. No sooner had it landed than it needed an Alpina gearbox rebuild, no sooner had the owner got it running than it needed £20k of engine work... and the owner was a specialist in importing cars from Japan. The low mileage was the massive lie - probably well over 80k miles hence the gearbox melt-down and lack of servicing precipitating the wrong engine oil and subsequent damage.

 

He'd imported dozens of cars over the years, some with some work needed, a lot with none, but this one bit him hard and deep.

 

I'm really pleased that Dan and Loadmaster have got great cars but you can't say fairer than you're taking a risk - there are reasons some cars get sold and exported relatively cheaply, and just like any auction car - you could get burned.

 

For info, the silver E38 B12 5.7 that was sold had mismatched rear lights, no PDC sensors, facelifted front wings, headlights and indicators, non-working headlight wash and missing rear valance Alpina exhaust trims; turns out it had been in a multi-car pile up and suffered front and rear damage.

 

Fully agree; but buying a lot of cars these days can be a risk too, unfortunately.

 

However to whitewash every car with the same blurb 'that they're tonced up shitters etc' is just completely wrong; hence my direct & blunt reply

 

There are poor examples of cars everywhere you look; it's all about due-diligence and giving the cars a proper once-over and trusting your gut, not your hearth when buying etc :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 23:11, cableguy said:

 

From a very trusted source, yes.

 

I have exchanged emails with Edward Lovett (Founder of Collecting Cars) and he has the information I received. He is looking into the matter.

 

C.

 

Auction still running with the owner saying  its never been in an accident during its time in Japan and posting up a BIMTA Certificate. Certifying mileage and clear accident report in Japan. Ending today so interesting to see where it ends up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenelekta said:

 

Auction still running with the owner saying  its never been in an accident during its time in Japan and posting up a BIMTA Certificate. Certifying mileage and clear accident report in Japan. Ending today so interesting to see where it ends up.

 

I hope it all checks out as I was genuinely interested until hearing as previously mentioned.

 

C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cableguy said:

 

I hope it all checks out as I was genuinely interested until hearing as previously mentioned.

 

C.

Did you hear back from CC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s crazy money but it’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AbidK said:

That’s crazy money but it’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay

 

Why's it crazy money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

 

Why's it crazy money?

Has no record of the Japanese collectors in house servicing between 8km and it arriving in the UK. So for me in my opinion it’s crazy money. I would love a V8S alongside my m5 touring but when I didn’t get answers to my questions that was me out of the running well before it got to over 20k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AbidK said:

Did you hear back from CC?

 

Ed replied advising that they he was waiting for info from the seller and would advise upon receipt. BIMTA Cert was added to the auction pics and heard nothing since.

 

C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

 

Why's it crazy money?

 

 

crashed jap import e39 with no history, you're not the sharpest tool in the box?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AbidK said:

Has no record of the Japanese collectors in house servicing between 8km and it arriving in the UK. So for me in my opinion it’s crazy money. I would love a V8S alongside my m5 touring but when I didn’t get answers to my questions that was me out of the running well before it got to over 20k. 

 

That's fair enough.

 

As you said; answers are needed when buying a car if this calibre and to have questions ignored is worrying!

 

Hope whoever buys this get's it fully inspected and uses due diligence etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×