GlossBlue

Turning a e34 into a e39

Is it running an E39 engine and management so they needed the matching clocks? I can't think of another reason to bother with this.

Have a go :-) I'm afraid you'll find it requires more then just a little modification. If you look at the rest of the car its also modified for example the window switches of the e39 in the e34 door card,...etc.

If you do get it to fit mechanically there is still the switches to deal with. They are wired quite differently on an e39.

And be honest. Do you like it? Or does it look out of place?

It's just a normal E34 dash, but with a customized top section to house the E39 clocks. The same goes for the door card - you can see the part where the window switches go has been modified, but otherwise it's a regular E34 door card.

Agreed, looks rubbish, but some people got too much time on their hands.

On 24/09/2020 at 12:50, Blackman said:

It's just a normal E34 dash, but with a customized top section to house the E39 clocks. The same goes for the door card - you can see the part where the window switches go has been modified, but otherwise it's a regular E34 door card.

Agreed, looks rubbish, but some people got too much time on their hands.

Whats normal about the top half of dash on e34 you dont get a passenger airbag on the dash like on that one so its definelitly a modded e39 dash if he didnt do so many mods it might be ok the plus he has with the engine is he gets full obd2 scanning instead of ads.

If anyone wants to try any of this, the auto box on my 530d touring lunched itself yesterday, all parts available! ;)