Scotty3810

Android Head unit replacement

I’ve splashed out on an Android head unit from ADC BMW. It has cost me but I don’t mind as they reckon they are the best. I’ve had it replaced once because I had loads of issues with the first one, the replacement is fine except...... randomly, there is no sound either from the radio or from my parking sensors. It’ll be working fine till I get out the car and shut it down and when I get back in it’s all mute. The aux is set to manual, I’ve tried auto but it makes no difference. I’ve tried to contact ADC but they are not very responsive, it may be that I’m thick and don’t know about the set up etc?! Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong? 

Yeah, it’s plugged into the aux which is disappointing but, as long as it works, it’s fine. I’m thinking there is an issue between the cars audio set up and the Android but I’m really no expert. Common sense tells me it is settings but I have no clue where to look!

1 hour ago, Funknhell said:

From listening from the standard head unit and then that from the android headunit via the AUX, is there a noticeable difference?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yes! Well there is on mine....MUCH louder to start with and I don't know if just my hearing but it sounds way better too..bass is definitely more punchy...but you need to play around with the settings a bit.

5 hours ago, Scotty3810 said:

I’ve splashed out on an Android head unit from ADC BMW. It has cost me but I don’t mind as they reckon they are the best. I’ve had it replaced once because I had loads of issues with the first one, the replacement is fine except...... randomly, there is no sound either from the radio or from my parking sensors. It’ll be working fine till I get out the car and shut it down and when I get back in it’s all mute. The aux is set to manual, I’ve tried auto but it makes no difference. I’ve tried to contact ADC but they are not very responsive, it may be that I’m thick and don’t know about the set up etc?! Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong? 

Scott 3810.....i did have a little issue on mine where something similar happened. I went into the android menu and moved the volume slider down then back up...it was almost as if something got stuck( electronics shouldn't I know!)....but it cured it.  It goes bloody loud now.:blink:

This was not the car radio but an Internet radio app on the android unit....Tune In.

Edited by neilos1000

2 hours ago, neilos1000 said:

Scott 3810.....i did have a little issue on mine where something similar happened. I went into the android menu and moved the volume slider down then back up...it was almost as if something got stuck( electronics shouldn't I know!)....but it cured it.  It goes bloody loud now.:blink:

This was not the car radio but an Internet radio app on the android unit....Tune In.

Sorry, was it muted when using tune in or was all of it muted?

On 9/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, neilos1000 said:

Tried that mate, still the same.