Ecobasic

E39 530D Manual Swap Coding

Hello dear Community,

First of: English isn't my main language - if i make mistakes i'm sorry!

I recently bought a E39 530D Auto that got a manual swap.

I noticed the cruise control doesnt work and it shows me on the Speedometer that the Gearbox is running in emergency mode.

I've seen a few threads talking about the coding to make it work, but not detailed enough for me since i'm a newby in coding.

I have all the programms and i know how to save .man files and get them in the car, but i don't know how to code the complete car with the 3 new parameters.

I know this asks for a very long posts that clarifys everything but i hope i can find some help here!

Best regards,

Michael

I would start by changing the ZCS to match the car. If you send me your ZCS I can see if I can "update it" for the manual swap.

Why don't you just put your original ZCS here. There are two bits which need changing, one in GM and one in SA part of ZCS.

After you have done coding with NCS you also need to update DDE software for manual version with for example WinKFP. Though this job would be better to do with proper I-COM interface. With USB K-bus interface there is a high risk of bricking the module.

Don't you need to update the VN? in the ZCS then?

The biggest risk might not be the I-COM or USB K-bus but the power supply....

Thanks for the replys!

As for why i dont post the original ZCS here - the E39 is currently at the paintshop, i will get it back end of this week so i dont have it yet.

I will post it as soon as i have the car.

To change the map i guess it would be possible to just get it done by somebody that does ECU Remaps right?

I dont want to risk anything

2 hours ago, Johan said:

Don't you need to update the VN? in the ZCS then?

The biggest risk might not be the I-COM or USB K-bus but the power supply....

There are no bits in VN regarding auto/manual gearbox.

When flashing DDE4 the biggest risk is unreliable USB K-bus interface. Of course a proper power supply is always recommended.

Hello Everyone, for now i know what i have to do. BUT i still have to flash DDE with WinKFP, for this i looked up the Parts No. of a coded E39 same productiondate and Manual which is 7789479, i cant find it in the SP daten folder. Only 7789478 or 7789480. Where can i get the correct one?

5 hours ago, Ecobasic said:

Hello Everyone, for now i know what i have to do. BUT i still have to flash DDE with WinKFP, for this i looked up the Parts No. of a coded E39 same productiondate and Manual which is 7789479, i cant find it in the SP daten folder. Only 7789478 or 7789480. Where can i get the correct one?

Assembly (ZusB) number and actual software number are one apart.

;SG-TYP: DDE40
;ZB-NR  TYP-NR  HW-NR  IX SW-NR     AM          PIN S CS

7789479,7785464,7789376,V,7789480DA,0FFFFFFFFFD,134,1 V

16 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Assembly (ZusB) number and actual software number are one apart.

;SG-TYP: DDE40
;ZB-NR  TYP-NR  HW-NR  IX SW-NR     AM          PIN S CS

7789479,7785464,7789376,V,7789480DA,0FFFFFFFFFD,134,1 V

With this knowledge it means i have to use 7789480, correct?

23 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Yes, if you have the correct assembly number.

The only worry i have left is having a stable battery voltage / WinKFP connection

Before i flash the DDE i would drive the car a while to make sure the battery is fully charged because the process of flashing the DME should only be about 10 minutes, correct? Connection wise i think i should be fine

On 27/08/2020 at 20:05, Clavurion said:

What interface were you planning to use? So you already did the coding part?

Hello!

Sorry for the delay, i finally got my car back, didnt code yet - i want to double check. First picture is data, 2nd is the SA i would use

Is this correct? What else do i need to change?

Thanks!

IMG_20200901_185128.jpg

IMG_20200901_185139.jpg

Those ZCS changes seems to be correct.

So you tried to code all modules (Code car) and that fault came when it was coding GM3? There is no need to code GM3 in this case so you could just code individually EWS, instrument cluster (IKE/KOM) and LCM. 

I tried to code all modules, i can't find the code car option.. and it shows this error in every module. I enter ZCS, go back to main, chose ecu and tried to sg_codieren them all. I think i might do it wrong.. would it be to much to ask you to record a video for me? I feel dumb. I even thought maybe the previous owner already codes ews and ike, since the speedo doesnt show PRNDS selection anymore