M.M

520D N47 F10 Febi Timing Chain Review

Hi Guys,

Pls advise on the make (Febi) timing chain for 520D F10.

Do official bmw dealers also use the same company (Febi) timing chains? If NO then is there a big difference between Febi and what Bmw uses ? 

thanks! 

8 hours ago, M.M said:

Hi Guys,

Pls advise on the make (Febi) timing chain for 520D F10.

Do official bmw dealers also use the same company (Febi) timing chains? If NO then is there a big difference between Febi and what Bmw uses ? 

thanks! 

BMW use BMW branded parts. Febi is a renowned brand but for this type of work I would only ever use BMW official parts. Penny pinching for something that is hidden deep inside the engine is bad practice in my humble opinion.

3 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

BMW use BMW branded parts. Febi is a renowned brand but for this type of work I would only ever use BMW official parts. Penny pinching for something that is hidden deep inside the engine is bad practice in my humble opinion.

Thanks Matthew. 
What will be your advise on the Turbo replacement and Also the front lower control arm replacement. Will you recommend BMW again for that ? 

1 hour ago, M.M said:

Thanks Matthew. 
What will be your advise on the Turbo replacement and Also the front lower control arm replacement. Will you recommend BMW again for that ? 

Turbo - I'd see if it can be remanufactured.

Control arms look at Lemforder.

If your car need a timing chain, control arms and new turbo I would sell it on. 

The fact you are asking means you can't do the work yourself, and so not really worth keeping it. 

Why do you think you need a new turbo? 

On 20/08/2020 at 11:39, M.M said:

Thanks Matthew. 

On Turbo Replacement i have heard of quiet a few people using

Universal Turbos on the south coast and having their own re-manufactured.  Apparently they were also used by wheeler dealers