oldtechnoman

2012 530D GT what service is required, independant/bmw

My 2012 530d gt 57500miles requires it next 2year oil change/service, do not know what service to ask for.

Had the last oil change done at 49000miles 18/9/18 and the brake fluid change at 54000miles 11/9/19, so can anyone tell me what the next service involves. and possible cost.

i have had the last 2 services done by Newhall cars Wirral/ Checkoint services Durley est Prenton. have not been overly impressed with there attitude.

Do i stick with Newhall or try and get a quote from BMW service.

I am still paying for the BMW Mondail warranty, as being retired and on fixed income, i can not afford any large bills if car goes faulty.

Tim

1 hour ago, oldtechnoman said:

Looking at the service book they were replaced at 37000miles  12/9/16.

Tim

It will be a major service which includes Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter - these are all changed every 2nd oil change (with the pollen filter every oil change) and brake fluid every 2 years.

To keep your car's timing chain and turbo healthy it is good practise to change the oil and filter every year.

Thanks for reply, have looked at Williams BMW website and it looks like major service is £470 plus £20 scope price.

will this be classed as a value service or do i have to ask for seperate price,

tim

5 hours ago, oldtechnoman said:

Thanks for reply, have looked at Williams BMW website and it looks like major service is £470 plus £20 scope price.

will this be classed as a value service or do i have to ask for seperate price,

tim

Double check against this site. If I put in my old F11 530d’s details it comes back with £430 plus £20 scope choosing Stephen James Bromley as the service centre. That is the value service price. 

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/service-workshop/servicing/service-online-booking.html 

I had my 2016 F10 520d serviced at BMW last year at the same mileage as yours and it needed new discs and pads all round. Stratsone BMW Chesterfield wanted nearly £1100 just for the parts. Beware BMW dealers parts prices! 

20200811_081159.jpg

I have had my car for nearly 5years now, 32000miles when bought, i have never had my brake pads changed and just checked what computer says and it says front pads 43000 miles and rear pads 80000 miles, be interesting to see what crops up when service is done.

i paid £200 for my Pirelli P zero,s. 

That sounds good. What is the mileage now?

Mine was on  29,000 when I got it at two and a half years old. Just passed 67,000 miles now.

Mileage now is 57500,just been to Checkpoint service and had key read and told it only needed an oil change, and could wait for another 7000 miles.

when they read the key they had to put it in the car,do they come up with any extra info than i can view,no mention of filters requiring changing, does seem a bit odd!

tim 

Googled independent BMW service units last night and it came up with a place called BMWIRRAL based in carr lane hoylake.

just called to them this morning and they read the Key on there reader, told me last service was done 2017 as NewHall/Checkpoint had not registered service on the key.

informed car would need a oil and filter service at cost of £300, the person i spoke to said he had worked at Newhall  and they had a key reader then so dont no why they are not using it

Called into Wirral Motor Services this morning and was given a quote of about £220 to do full service with filters, just got to decide which option to go for,  Wirral Motor Services are handy in that i can walk home after dropping car off.

By the way rang up Mondail Warranty today and canceled it,saving just on £1000 plus £250 excess a year. tim