DOG

Bmw 530d e60 intermittent power loss

Ayup lads.

just hoping to prune some knowledge from here about an issue with my car, I’ve had it for a couple of months now and done some work to it.

-swirl flaps blanked

-air filter 

-poly bushes all round

-cleaned oit all the intakes

-remap done elsewhere 

it was throwing up some error codes before about the egt sensor but I took it out and changed it and issue went away now it’s throwing up p14a4 code, power is still there most of the time but occasionally on flat out acceleration the turbo loses boost. Hoping someone can point me in direction.

cheers dog

F7B8BED7-EFC1-44DE-89FC-F4B559EEC0A3.jpeg

17 hours ago, Chu said:

New temp probe in exhaust.

so I replaced 10 before are you suggesting I replace 10 again or 1? 
If this was the issue surely it should be constant and not intermittent, I was of the understanding this was a symptom and not the cause.

thanks for the quick reply I appreciate the help.

edit: are these issues caused by the dpf and egr still being active because I can take them out if that will make the car perform better with less issues

26E70472-1CB3-48AF-9DC1-E762920A19B7.png

Edited by DOG
Double

That code is related to the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor, and the error suggests short or open circuit. I had a look online, and it applies to other cars like Citroen and is usually EGR related. I read you cleaned the air intakes on the manifold, and changed the EGR sensor but have you removed the EGR valve to see if it is clogged?

That’s similar to what I found online aswell changy, I’m going to get the top off today and make sure the connection with the egt sensor I replaced is still good and then I think I’ll whip off the dpf and egr and delete them both.

hopefully this sorts the issue

Edited by DOG

Thanks for the helps guys, I smashed out the dpf and deleted the egr while I was under the car I noticed that the manifold was cracked. 

attenpted to weld and reattach manifold but after a couple of trips the weeds have either blown or the mani has cracked again. But Atleast I know what the issue is