Sign in to follow this  
caterhamnut

Joining the E39 fold...

Introducing myself - just got a 530D M Sport Touring, slightly unexpectedly won on ebay for a low price - probably saved me a fair bit as I was looking at some of the Alpinas currently on sale. I accept that I'll need to spend some money on the 530D, I'm sure - hopefully cosmetic, but I'll do most stuff myself.

Always wanted one since the BMW Hire films, and 'Star'  - ok, it isn't an M5 - but I was supposed to be looking for a Citroen Berlingo, I'm not complaining!
Had an E21 232i years ago - only car I wished I had never sold...

Picking her up on Monday - so fingers crossed as first drive will be about 2.5hrs back home!
I'll post some proper pictures then - these are from the ebay ad...
....this will be my 'sensible' car, to go with my  Caterham and a VW Campervan I have had for 28 years!

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

slide 2.jpg

van.jpg

Welcome! Nice choice - have a feeling I was watching this but can't see it in my history - dare we ask what you paid?

Thanks Duncan - I hope so! It was a bit of an impulse - was actually messaging with a friend who is an E39'oholic, talking about some of the Alpinas that are currently for sale at around 10k - was browsing ebay as we chatted and this came up with 40 mins left on the auction, and was at about £1500 - my mate said 'GET IT' - I popped a price in, expecting it to immediatly go up - but that was it - so about £1527 I think! *gulp* - anyway - eyes open, I hope it is a good un, and I'll do what I can myself on it, so should be fun....

Not seen it yet, picking up on Monday after a one-way lift, so fingers crossed!!

Worst case there is £1500 in it in spares without too much effort.

The advert wasn't great but seemed to be honest in that it it was just badly written rather than full of the cliches used when selling a dog!

fingers x'd!

Welcome!

Looks well presented in the pics, clean and shiny tyres always a must.  Can't go wrong at £1500 either.

Welcome along. Looks like a good 'un in the photo. Even if it's half decent or average, that's a good price for an E39 tourer.