I decided to put the F10 in for an MOT, despite it having had the expiry date extended until January.  I did t think it needed much, but actually, the rear brakes were warped and needed replaced. 

what really shocked me was that I needed two rear tyres. There was an easy 2.5mm across the tread - but what I didn’t see was that just beyond the curve of the inside of the tyre, yet was not only down to the threads - but actually coming apart. It freaked me out a bit if I’m honest. No way I could have seen this other than crawling under. 

Anyway, as I had to have the car back today, and I couldn’t drive it as it was, I got the brakes and tyres. All that was available today in Inverness tyre wise in a 225 55 17 run flat was a RoadX branded one. Bloody £165 per tyre. I was t happy, but needs must. 

So far it feels fine Actually - remains to be seen what it’s like in the wet. 

Has anyone heard of this brand, or used them?  Info is thin on the ground!!

Googling them up, they're now the title sponsor of West Ham Football Club.

RoadX are part of the Sailun Group in China - a huge Tyre R&D manufacturer in that region. Other brands are Sailun Tires, Blackhawk Tyre, Rovelo Tire & Maxam Tire. 

They don't look to be big in the EMEA region, so not much information on them or reviews. Potentially they could be a good tyre on grip/longevity, but only time will tell. How does the cost compare to something like Hankook, Falken (mid range tyres)?

51 minutes ago, dj1233 said:How does the cost compare to something like Hankook, Falken (mid range tyres)?

Badly. If I could have waited a few days, I could have got a continental cheaper. 

Thing is, the front tyres are borderline too, so I want to replace them with something that is similar to the ones I just bought. But not at £165 a corner. 

ouch. Is that a garage you normally use? If Conti's are cheaper i'd be questioning their prices on these non brand tyres, if they were holding you over a barrel too. 

Wondered why they were so expensive, then I saw that they were run flats.