Stressed

Just bought a G31 520d MHt (mild hybrid)

Just bought a G31 520d MHT (mild hybrid) Sport plus, its a pre reg with 18 miles on the clock. Trading up from an F11 520d

I've only seen pictures of it so far!

I have driven the G30 520d, it's going to be interesting to see what this Mild Hybrid Technology has to offer.

18 miles on the clock and a £14k saving over a new car that would probably be delivered with 18 miles on the clock!!!

Looks great - is that mineral grey?

Nice car- I’m going to guess sophisto grey as it looks identical to to mine. 

13 hours ago, E39mad said:

Looks great - is that mineral grey?

Sophisto Grey Xirall

It's a bit darker than the mineral 

Edited by Stressed

4 hours ago, Stressed said:

Sophisto Grey Xirall

It's a bit darker than the mineral 

it’s much darker than Mineral. In a lot of lights it actually looks more like black. When it’s clean and the sun’s out though, the Xirallic effect is amazing. 

Courious to hear, if you can notice any difference from a "non hybrid". I´ve just traded my 2017 G30 520d for a 2018 G31 520d. The new car has two turbos, the old one had one. Don´t feel much difference so far.

I will hopefully get a delivery date tomorrow, should have it by the end of the week. I'm in Romford and the car is in Birmingham.

I'll give and update and review.

One of the staff at Sytner has recently got the MHT 2.0d and said he has notice a big decrease in his commuting fuel cost!

I have been averaging high 30s around town and high 40s on the motorway @ about 75mph

Whatch this space!!

On 02/08/2020 at 18:42, Stressed said:

I will hopefully get a delivery date tomorrow, should have it by the end of the week. I'm in Romford and the car is in Birmingham.

I'll give and update and review.

One of the staff at Sytner has recently got the MHT 2.0d and said he has notice a big decrease in his commuting fuel cost!

I have been averaging high 30s around town and high 40s on the motorway @ about 75mph

Whatch this space!!

Following this with interest

My driving has changed 70/30 local/motorway and my f10 LCI is barely breaking 35mpg (has been remapped) not sure if it'll be a g30/31 LCI mht or a petrol Tiguan

Does MHd affect motorway cruising ? From what I understand it cuts the engine when slowing down from 9 mph. So increased start stop times plus acceleration boost

It combines the starter motor and alternator which is a good thing in itself - it saves weight and one less component to rotate

I collect it tomorrow, Give me a while to use it and I'll let you know.

52mpg Romford to Bristol and back yesterday in my 2.0d F11. I'll do a proper comparison next time I visit my son!

The new starter/generator should also be able to restart the engine before it has completely stopped, which should make start/stop smoother and less annoying to use.

10 minutes ago, Carlton said:

The new starter/generator should also be able to restart the engine before it has completely stopped, which should make start/stop smoother and less annoying to use.

I really hope it does make it smoother, I turn it off as soon as I start on my F11. I don't think you can turn it off on the new car!

First impressions!

Quieter that my F11, less engine noise on start up and when driving. The hybrid tech cuts the engine when coasting (when the right conditions are met) and starts again as soon as you touch the brake or gas peddle. Unless you are actually looking at the rev counter you don't even know this has happened (so quiet)

You can NOT turn off the start stop technology, BUT it is far smother than the jolt the F11 gave when restarting. You can barely feel it start.

All I can say about the new Digital Cockpit and new touch screen is WOW. It's almost like going from a Nokia to an Iphone! You don't even have to touch it. "Hey BMW" " take me to Highview road" the car finds the road, confirms it then programs the satnav. Then there is the connected drive app on my phone. Open the app before you go out and tell the car to ventilate. Walk to your car a few minutes later and the fan has been cooling the car before you've even unlocked it!

This is all I have to report so far, have not done 50 miles yet!

9 minutes ago, Stressed said:

First impressions!

Quieter that my F11, less engine noise on start up and when driving. The hybrid tech cuts the engine when coasting (when the right conditions are met) and starts again as soon as you touch the brake or gas peddle. Unless you are actually looking at the rev counter you don't even know this has happened (so quiet)

You can NOT turn off the start stop technology, BUT it is far smother than the jolt the F11 gave when restarting. You can barely feel it start.

All I can say about the new Digital Cockpit and new touch screen is WOW. It's almost like going from a Nokia to an Iphone! You don't even have to touch it. "Hey BMW" " take me to Highview road" the car finds the road, confirms it then programs the satnav. Then there is the connected drive app on my phone. Open the app before you go out and tell the car to ventilate. Walk to your car a few minutes later and the fan has been cooling the car before you've even unlocked it!

This is all I have to report so far, have not done 50 miles yet!

I recently just got myself a new G31 520d xDrive with the MHd little over a month ago now and I couldn’t agree more with this! Super quite, extremely smooth and it is unbelievable economy wise

The new iDrive 7 is unreal makes the driving experience that bit more special, just done around 2.5k miles in little over 4weeks and all I can say is your in for a treat with your new car enjoy it! 

Great to hear from another owner!

Meant to have a trip from London to North Yorkshire next month. It will get a proper tryout then!