Marc_86

Static Shocks

Hi all,

Been bugging me for the past 6 months.

Everytime i get in and out the car I'm getting the mother of all static shocks from the driver door to the point where I dropped my phone. (Raging!!!)

So besides being engulfed in rage and looking like a general plonker when this happens.

Anyone else experienced this issue and if so...anything I can look into?

Thanks

Change your fabrics. Or touch part of the metal before you exit and the static should get discharged without any shocks. Hate it myself but to do with what type of material I'm wearing.

I remember the rubber earthing strips from the 70s and 80s that used to drag along behind a lot of cars.

12 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

I remember the rubber earthing strips from the 70s and 80s that used to drag along behind a lot of cars.

Funnily enough - my daily email from ECP had them listed and i thought - fwaaaar haven't seen those in a while

23 hours ago, Marc_86 said:

Funnily enough - my daily email from ECP had them listed and i thought - fwaaaar haven't seen those in a while

I think that they used to be the 'must have' accessory at the time!

I used to get static shocks when I used to use the keypad to unlock the electric gates of our communal garage.  I worked out that it only happened when I wore a particular pair of trainers.  I hope this helps and yep I'm old enough to remember static discharge rubbing strips and fitted one to my Mk 1 Cavalier with Astra GTE running gear and dasboard back in the day...