Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yuri84

Just sold my E60 530d whats next?

Recommended Posts

Hi. Sold my e60 530d and now thinking of getting e60 535d lci. 

Who owns one? What to look for when buying?

Maybe somebody selling one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I think its going to be another bmw and if can find something for decent price i would happily get another e60 lci with sat transmission and either 530d or what is even better 535d. Not easy to find decent car though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chu said:

Impreza rb320.

 

Thats what i keep looking at.

If japan car then something toyota with 2jz gte engineB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the question is, why did you sell the 530d? The 535d is faster for sure, but it's still a big wafty barge and you'll rarely get to use that extra power on our busy roads. Unless your previous car had some serious expensive issues, personally I would rather spend money on a car I know rather than take a massive gamble on another similar second hand car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chu said:

 

Bit of a lively one! :lol: A great combo with the E60 chassis and 2JZ, got to love german and japanese engineering. The M5 V10 is amazing but I'd rather have that!

 

I would echo edd_jedi, sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know, more so with used cars that have been around over 10 years. That said, it's not a bad position to be in having owned one before as you should have a better idea of where things can go wrong and the spec you're after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, edd_jedi said:

I guess the question is, why did you sell the 530d? The 535d is faster for sure, but it's still a big wafty barge and you'll rarely get to use that extra power on our busy roads. Unless your previous car had some serious expensive issues, personally I would rather spend money on a car I know rather than take a massive gamble on another similar second hand car.

Hi. No issues with the car,in fact its all sorted,just bored with it and i cant keep same car for too long:D I agree with you 100% that buying second hand car is huge gamble and a bit of a task to find something. 

Main reason for sle as i really like the lci e60 and if i can find good 530d then i am going to buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FLX said:

 

Bit of a lively one! :lol: A great combo with the E60 chassis and 2JZ, got to love german and japanese engineering. The M5 V10 is amazing but I'd rather have that!

 

I would echo edd_jedi, sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know, more so with used cars that have been around over 10 years. That said, it's not a bad position to be in having owned one before as you should have a better idea of where things can go wrong and the spec you're after.

Yes,much easier when you had one and know where to look.

It takes me ages to get used to new car. I keep listening to every sound it makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what do you want from your car?

Your well aware of the e60 530d / 535d issue's & you spent a fair amount fixing

Your 530d.

Read up on 535d known issue's & they hold there price much more than a 530d.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my thoughts exactly when purchasing mine, the sat box is nice as is the later lci box

but I couldn't justify the extra cost, I looked at a 90k 10plate 535 m sport with sat box, half leather

£10995 , I paid £2.5k for my 06 530d m sport with quite a few options, two owners 137k & f.b.m.w.s.h

Not that that means much :unsure:

Eventually I will have about 380bhp, a rebuilt box, new turbo with a full overhaul of all running components 

& upgraded/improved.

Spend approx 6k & most of it new & no stone unturned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I just cannot justify spending more than 5000,maybe 5500 for a good 530 or 535d lci with sat box. To be honest i like how lci box works and shifts,i think its much closer to how 8 speed box in f10 feels,faster shifts compared to pre lci. My heart wants e60,but head says to go for f10,bit newer car,but not willing to spend 10k plus. At the moment i didnt see a car worth going to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yuri84 said:

Hi. I just cannot justify spending more than 5000,maybe 5500 for a good 530 or 535d lci with sat box. To be honest i like how lci box works and shifts,i think its much closer to how 8 speed box in f10 feels,faster shifts compared to pre lci. My heart wants e60,but head says to go for f10,bit newer car,but not willing to spend 10k plus. At the moment i didnt see a car worth going to look at.

Have you tried a car with stage 3 xhp on? I hear very good things, I think you would like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to buy an m3 in a couple of hours.. my 530 is up for quick sale and taking offers.

315 bhp stage 2 by avon

Full custom pipe with darkside de cat

Xhp stage 3 in carbon black.

Unmarked recent refurbed spyders in black chrome. Tracker.

Detatch towbar.xenons

122000miles. tons of paperwork

@Yuri84

 

Edited by Chu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chu said:

Im going to buy an m3 in a couple of hours.. my 530 is up for quick sale and taking offers.

315 bhp stage 2 by avon

Full custom pipe with darkside de cat

Xhp stage 3 in carbon black.

Unmarked recent refurbed spyders in black chrome. Tracker.

Detatch towbar.xenons

122000miles. tons of paperwork

@Yuri84

 

Hi. What yer is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×