Jump to content
Piper

Is this M5 really worth the money?

Recommended Posts

£10k for a 180k, low spec M5?

 

Surely this figure is gonna fall.

 

I just can't see how, post pandemic, the price can be justified anymore...along with 5k E34s, 6k E38s, 10k E32s etc etc

 

 

Screenshot_2020-07-11-18-05-59-821_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by Piper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A day will come where you'll be saying '' I remember when you could buy one of these for 10k'' ;)

 

Most m5's start at 10k now and until interest rates go up, people won't be putting money in the banks.

 

Just so you know, the average used car cost more after lockdown due to stupidly high demand and low stock. At worst, things will get back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Davidwood said:

A day will come where you'll be saying '' I remember when you could buy one of these for 10k'' ;)

 

Most m5's start at 10k now and until interest rates go up, people won't be putting money in the banks.

 

Just so you know, the average used car cost more after lockdown due to stupidly high demand and low stock. At worst, things will get back to normal.

Very optimistic David!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 6:48 PM, Bumbaclut said:

what tragic person paid 11k for a nova?

 

hahaha,

The scary thing is, I had a dozen calls in the first hour of listing it.

Prices are crazy out there. I collect old honda bikes too and bikes that I was paying £1000 for before lockdown are now double that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 10:11, Davidwood said:

A day will come where you'll be saying '' I remember when you could buy one of these for 10k'' ;)

 

Most m5's start at 10k now and until interest rates go up, people won't be putting money in the banks.

 

Just so you know, the average used car cost more after lockdown due to stupidly high demand and low stock. At worst, things will get back to normal.

 

I remember when you could get one for £5k, Mike Brewer on Wheeler Dealers paid £4k for one, those days have well and truly gone, when the e39 m5 bottomed out price wise, so the advertised car at £10k is probably not far off on the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 10:46, Steve van hool said:

 

I remember when you could get one for £5k, Mike Brewer on Wheeler Dealers paid £4k for one, those days have well and truly gone, when the e39 m5 bottomed out price wise, so the advertised car at £10k is probably not far off on the money.

 

Don't count ya chickens Steve....used car market is going to crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2020 at 20:54, Piper said:

 

Don't count ya chickens Steve....used car market is going to crash

 

I definitely won't count my chickens Piper, either way it makes no odds for me, because I'm not looking to sell my car, at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×