Sign in to follow this  
Mar

Experiences with Fritz Bits Exhaust ?

Evening all...

my e28 M5 (rHD UK CAR) exhaust battered. Considering Fritz solution. Anybody fitted to E28 ?  The thing that concerns me more than anything else is noise....just don’t wanna sound like a tool going on a day out

cheers

Mrum

I had the full system including manifold on my m535i. I liked the sound but I don’t believe it did anything for power and the rear box used to catch on my drive (deep gutter on cross over) because of its shape where oe didn’t. 

If if I was doing it again I would consider having one made as its not the cheapest!

System but not manifold on my 635CSi - very pleased, deeper bassed and a little louder than OEM and doesn't drone. Probably going to buy the same for my M635CSi when the MoT man demands it.

Certainly no more power but it should last.

They are the go to people for the E28. Have had two systems. Very good quality build and not overly loud

I was happy with my system in terms of quality and sound but I think their claims are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think, for just a system, you will do as well going to a power flow type place as they aren't cheap!

My biggest gripe was the back box was an oval cylinder, the OE box is rounded at the rear and as such I grounded mine quite a few times!

On 04/07/2020 at 03:51, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

They're pretty good tbh. How much is a genuine system these days? They were about £650 10 or so years ago for the centre and rear boxes. Probably £6500 now.

Bought a centre box and rear box from BMW for my 528i  AU$1050 delivered. ‘Bout £600 ish  so actually pretty good!!

On 02/07/2020 at 19:26, Mar said:

Evening all...

my e28 M5 (rHD UK CAR) exhaust battered. Considering Fritz solution. Anybody fitted to E28 ?  The thing that concerns me more than anything else is noise....just don’t wanna sound like a tool going on a day out

cheers

Mrum

Power quotes in realm of fiction for M30, but I was very, very impressed with the Fritz manifold on the M88 - obviously not a patch on the beautiful snakes nest of the lhd Euro cars, but  a beautiful thing and giving a worthwhile power boost.  Needed ceramic coating to keep the temperatures down though, and that wasn't cheap.

The system makes a brilliant, addictive noise combined with the manifold.  It is the banshee scream of the M88 that I miss more than anything!