wolfman

E39 auxiliary lead addition problem

Ok I went to fit an auxiliary on my E39 which has the sat nav screen set up. I took the unit out to add the lead and on youtube a tutorial showed swapping two pins over to the lead then plug it in. On mine it is different and once I checked the terminal blocks only one had the option to add three pins but they were in a different place to normal. Can anyone advice me on the correct placement for mine, I took a couple of pictures to help explain my problem. I would like to sort it out as the tape deck and Cd player are U/S.

DSC05710.JPG

DSC05709.JPG

DSC05713.JPG

DSC05712.JPG

DSC05714.JPG

I have a diagram somewhere but after fitting a jack and getting fed up with interference noise i fitted one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Handsfree-Music-Adapter-AUX-In-Cable-Fit-For-BMW-E46-E39-X5-E53-X3-E83/133414421623?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

select aux and find on bluetooth, job done.

Only down side is that it doesn't auto connect but don;t suppose that's any harder than plugging in each time.

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

I have a diagram somewhere but after fitting a jack and getting fed up with interference noise i fitted one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Handsfree-Music-Adapter-AUX-In-Cable-Fit-For-BMW-E46-E39-X5-E53-X3-E83/133414421623?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Only down side is that it doesn't auto connect but don;t suppose that's any harder than plugging in each time.

Thanks for the idea but there is no where to plug it in virtually all pins are spoken for, If you look at the picture of the back of my unit both terminal blocks slide into seperate clips and have seperate blocks to plug in.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:56 PM, duncan-uk said:

So that replaces the cd changer... and works with the bm24 modules.... interesting!

You say it doesn't auto connect? So you mean you have to select cd changer on the car and then connect manually on your Bluetooth device each time ?

Do the steering wheel track change buttons work for you? 

No it’s a fly lead between existing loom and head. Head unit and cd changer work as before but selecting aux and pairing it streams perfectly  

by auto connect I mean it forgets when you leave the car so have to go to Bluetooth on phone and select the device but no harder than plugging in a lead. 

it will however stay paired I’d say filling with fuel then go to kiosk with your phone. 

With a decent data limit i see no reason for dab now and once Apple fix the background music app issue I will be sorted for music 

ok it’s not a hands free phone solution and controls aren’t paired with wheel (I don’t think) but I’m very happy. 

On 7/12/2020 at 1:59 AM, duncan-uk said:

No it’s a fly lead between existing loom and head. Head unit and cd changer work as before but selecting aux and pairing it streams perfectly  

by auto connect I mean it forgets when you leave the car so have to go to Bluetooth on phone and select the device but no harder than plugging in a lead. 

it will however stay paired I’d say filling with fuel then go to kiosk with your phone. 

With a decent data limit i see no reason for dab now and once Apple fix the background music app issue I will be sorted for music 

ok it’s not a hands free phone solution and controls aren’t paired with wheel (I don’t think) but I’m very happy. 

Hi Duncan! I've got a BMW Business Tape head and a CD Changer in the boot - 2002 car.

It doesn't offer up an Aux option if I cycle the Mode button - just the Radio, Tape and CD Changer. I'm guessing this means this eBay adaptor won't work?

I think the Aux only switches if there is something to detect so say a aux-in lead or blue tooth.

But what i learned was the firmware needs to be right on the unit is a KW number and needs to be KW30:02 or later i bought an X5 head unit with CD and worked with a lead and the bluetooth adapter.

https://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/138352-e39-oem-aux-in/?tab=comments#comment-1484066