Crikey18

N47 engine issues

1 minute ago, dj1233 said:

i believe so, usually warranty work (where the car is needed for a day, or more) is usually allocated allowance for a loan car claim. i have one soon when mine goes in for a recall - my only cost is the £10 insurance fee. 

In which case, the decision to not offer a loan car was based more on emotion, than on maintaining good business practices and providing good customer service to an unfortunate BMW owner, whose car was subject to the global EGR cooler recall.  Terrible brand representation by that dealership in my opinion.

By the sounds of it, that's probably the case. The desire for a small saving has bitten them on the back end. Unfortunately not all dealers are equal! 

I've been fortunate and had some fantastic contact with various BMW dealerships under different Franchises, with no issues and top notch service. 

Edited by dj1233

Just now, dj1233 said:

By the sounds of it, that's probably the case. The desire for a small saving has bitten them on the back end. Unfortunately not all dealers are equal! 

I've been fortunate and had some fantastic contact with various dealerships, with no issues and top notch service. 

To be frank, I find their behaviour foolish.  A proactive and reasonable approach towards customer service by the dealership would have avoided what is now going to cost an absolute fortune.  This is in addition to the report of warranty fraud to BMW UK HQ, (the dealership were reimbursed for repainting 4 doors, and none of the doors were repainted.  Instead, just 3 doors had a localised spot repair done to the paint corrosion (common warranty defect).  The dealership were reimbursed for repainting all 4 doors.  The car is at another dealership now, and a PDI paint depth gauge will clearly show what work was actually done to the car.

42 minutes ago, Wozza345 said:

What a read! Was really hoping i didnt get to a post saying you now spent £10k to get it fixed. Good luck with all the future proceedings. 

Thank you very much indeed Wozza!  I'm confident the evidence is crystal clear now, it's just a matter of negotiation.  Had Barons BMW acted professionally and with integrity, they would have avoided what is to come.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo07g41 said:

Hi Crikey what's Barons Dealer number?

I'm not sure - where would I find that?  The company is Barons Automotive Ltd, and it is owned by Group1automotive, which also owns various other brands, like Chandlers

What a shocking tale! We've heard some bad examples of customer  service from dealers but it's hard to believe a dealer representing a company like BMW would treat customers with such contempt. What a shower.They should be removed from the dealer network as soon as possible.

Well done for sticking to your guns on this. If you don't feel you have already devoted enough time to the matter I hope you will pursue Barons to the fullest extent possible. They should be hauled over the coals for conduct such as this.

Edited by Cadwell Parker

19 hours ago, Crikey18 said:

The engine it's self has only done circa 70,000 miles if I recall correctly, as it was replaced by BMW under warranty in 2014 or 2015 before I owned the car.. it looks a bit excessive to me, that amount of residue..

But I suspect they just swapped over the manifold and other ancillaries. 

IT does sound like it is misfiring but as Andrew suggested it would of had mil, I have recently seen a blown turbo making it sound rough and same with a broken egr but if they changed it,

Having dealt with the dealer who rebuilt the engine I would think that's what they have done.  They don't exactly have any good record of good customer service either. 

19 hours ago, bmwf113.0d said:

But I suspect they just swapped over the manifold and other ancillaries. 

Having dealt with the dealer who rebuilt the engine multiple times I would think that's what they have done.  They don't exactly have any good record of good customer service either. 

Edited by F10er

On 14/11/2020 at 20:14, Jimbo07g41 said:

Hi Crikey what's Barons Dealer number?

On 14/11/2020 at 20:30, Crikey18 said:

666?

2020?