sams255

Dakota leather care

What is everyone doing with regards to conditioning the leather. I did read on other forums that the Dakota leather is coated and doesn't need to have conditioner applied to it. Other people in other forums have been applying aerospace 303 on it.

As far as in know it's coated, I've never done anything to it but not sure if the previous owner did. Mine's still like new after 7 years. I just wipe it with a damp cloth when it gets muddy.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

The Dakota leather has a polymer coating on it so conditioning isn't really going to help. On my old F11 that had Dakota I just used Autoglym leather cleaner to keep it nice and clean. No need for a conditioner.  

2 hours ago, alandavidhenry said:

As far as in know it's coated, I've never done anything to it but not sure if the previous owner did. Mine's still like new after 7 years. I just wipe it with a damp cloth when it gets muddy.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

This :)

On 30/06/2020 at 20:30, 535i Andrew said:

I've used mild hand soap and warm water with good results. It's what I use on my hands and leather is a skin after all.

This is by far the best solution for modern auto leathers. All these conditioners etc. do nothing but sit on top of the synthetic top coat!

After using lots of different products over the years, I came across the proprietor of LTT Leather on another forum who went into great detail explaining the finishing process on auto leather. I now using nothing but their products on my cars which give a lovely matt, new looking finish.

Product I use: https://www.lttleathercare.com/product/auto-leather-care-kit/

C.