Aidan

E34 Touring hazards not working

Hi all, new to the forum. Have used it a few times to help with other issues now hoping to get a bit of help to get my car through it's MOT

I've got a 525i touring and it's failed it's MOT on the hazards not working. Initial thoughts was the switch, so replaced this. 

The previous owner fitted a towbar to the car with the electrics and seen that a different relay is needed. So replaced for an 8 pin (1388545) instead of the 7 pin relay (1388533). This hasn't fixed it either. And looking at the wiring connection it wouldn't as it would need some extra wiring in to the relay. Currently only 7 feeds instead of the 8. I'm missing wiring at connection 3 

Is anyone able to help with the wiring diagrams or a description of what is needed to be wired in to get the hazards working again please? Alternatively anyone have advice on removing the towbar electrics so that I could potentially just go back to previous? 

If it's not this at fault, what else could it be?

Thanks in advance

Aidan

2020-06-29 16_20_25-Window.png

In case you don't already have them, there's a few sources out there with wiring diagrams, here's one of them, which is a US version with 525i. Not sure if it differs from Euro spec. Might be of some use. Pretty sure the Euro diagrams are out there too.

Keliuss

Theres two relays for the hazard system 1 is the indicator and the other is the crash relay.  Its common for the hazard switch to die play up

Thanks for the replies. Will take a look at the second relay and the wiring diagrams today. 

I've already replaced the switch so fairly confident it's not that. 

Cheers