thomp1983

Exhaust Flexi replacement

Hi all,

Whilst doing some other work I've discovered the exhaust flexi joint on my '05 525d is blowing. Has anyone had there's replaced and if so what was the rough cost?

I can remove the cat to take it somewhere to be done, ideally I'd like a slightly longer section after the Flexi too as I find a have to heavily force the 2 halves together and hold them whilst tightening the clamp to get it to seal correctly

Thanks

Chris

De cat pipe..sorted.

Jokes asides i have just put darksides de cat on mine and it has made an amazing difference.

I've seen their decat pipe but at £270 it's a bit steep but given most of my local exhaust fabricators seem to be on furlough I may not get a choice

You can buy the flexi's on ebay, various different sizes.

If your happy to drop the cat off, do so & pop it into a local welder/fabricators

They'll do it for drink money,  if you were local to me I'd do it for a tenner :smile:

If you need it a bit longer just buy a longer flexi.

16 minutes ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

You can buy the flexi's on ebay, various different sizes.

If your happy to drop the cat off, do so & pop it into a local welder/fabricators

They'll do it for drink money,  if you were local to me I'd do it for a tenner :smile:

If you need it a bit longer just buy a longer flexi.

I'm in Newark, where in Leicestershire are you?

got this job sorted yesterday. I went with cutting off the old flexi section, getting a 50mm section of 2.5" pipe welded onto the cat by a guy at work and then used a clamp on flexi section, the reason I went with this setup is I've always had issues getting the original bmw slip joint to seal properly this way I no longer need to undo that joint to remove the exhaust.

NcN31Ro.jpg

old flexi section cut away, I was suprised how easy it was to cut this back to bare pipe without damaging it.

r5DVGeF.jpg

new clamp on flexi, this has a clamp on joint at the cat end and a 50mm section of 2.5" pipe at the other end to go in the oem slip joint.

the total cost for all the bits was just over £20 so a good result.

thanks

Chris