Sign in to follow this  
Stressed

New or year old finance!!! What a joke!

What a farce BMW finance seems to be. Ive been looking at 2 cars, heart says 540I touring 6k miles, brain says new 520d touring.

Both cars are £44k cash price. Trading my 520d touring on pcp. 540i= £497/month, 520d=£238/month. BMW are offering 1.9% on the new 520 and 10.9% on the 540

Do they not want to sell 2nd hand cars?

I was well confused when I was buying my M140i with their pricing. I have it on PCP and it is cheaper than a 125i which is what I went in to buy. I understand that it depreciates less but they were putting in £4000 towards my deposit on the M140i and only £500 for the 125i.

I also had a quick look at used approved ones to see if they were a better deal. Nope. They were the same price a month than a new one so it was really a no brainer for me so I had a new one.

The APR on AUC's has always been stupid

Have you asked for a quote on a new 540i?

With the LCI about to land there are certainly deals out there

Spent an hour at BMW today.

Brand new 540i touring £60/month cheaper than a year old 540i touring with 6k on the clock on PCP. trading in my 520d Crazy!!

or

new 520d "mild hybrid" touring for the same monthly BUT only part trade in and they'll give me £10k cash back!

Edited by Stressed

Yeah I got caught out with that for the sake of xdrive and led fogs. This was a deal from harry fairbairn, had no choice as a cancelled order. But 0% finance n deposit contribution was not to be sniffed at

520d £2k deposit £478/month or £12K deposit £317/month

540i £2k deposit over £700/month £12k deposit £490/month

The £10k difference in deposit depends of if I part ex my car completely or I take £10k cash out of the part ex.

Or do I keep my 4 year old car that's only done 50k

Just done some quick sums and a new 540i @ 1.9% looks a similar monthly cost to the used one @ 10.9% over 4 years ~ £245 per month more than the 520d maybe a bit less depending on residuals ....