Hi,

Can anyone recommend what they have used to do a restoration on leather seats? will need to repair a few scuffs and a tear on the passenger seat. and looking to get the seats in general looking as good as possible. 

I have been looking at a full recolour kit from this online shop. https://shop.leatherrepaircompany.com/ wonder if anyone else has done this or can recommend products to use, as it's not cheap to buy the wrong stuff.  

Appreciate any help. Thanks 

drivers seat before.jpg

passenger seat before.jpg

passenger seat tear.jpg

I used products from Gliptone Liquid Leather when I did my light silver grey E39 Seats a couple of years ago. 
You get repair glue, filler etc and I also used their colour dye and sprayed it on. Colour match was perfect. 
First coat was done with a sponge applicator, you can use this for all coats if you like, if you don’t have spraying equipment. 

I emailed the leather repair company and got a helpful reply, ordered the medium kit which should do the front seats the few scuffs on the back seats and the steering wheel. ordered some glue and filler to do the other bits as required. 

Managed to get the seats out today without causing any damage to the interior and awaiting the kit! 

Will report back when the kit arrives as to how it all is and see how the repair goes. 

18 hours ago, ally said:

Good stuff. Are you going to spray it or sponge applicator? 

Will be using the sponges, it just feels safer so as to not make a mess of things! 

The sponges do a good enough job TBH, especially if it’s a grainy leather. 
just take your time, build up lots of little thin coats, don’t try to cover it in one go. 
With mines being nappa leather I removed the seats, masked them off and sprayed the last few coats. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, ally said:

The sponges do a good enough job TBH, especially if it’s a grainy leather. 
just take your time, build up lots of little thin coats, don’t try to cover it in one go. 
With mines being nappa leather I removed the seats, masked them off and sprayed the last few coats. 

I got a good result! i've only done the drivers seat, had a few mishaps with going to fast and not letting the previous coats dry!!! I got it all looking really good but when i applied the final conditioner and buffed it up i got a really shiny finish which i am in two minds about, let me know your thoughts, might put the seat in the car and then make a judgement if its too glossy, will be ringing the LRC in the morning to see if i can apply a matt coat to reduce this shine abit.  Either way its much better than where i started and the fillers and binders should give the seats another 20+ years i hope :) (lots of labels from 04.1999 from the tannery).

seat repaired .jpg

Looks great. I’m sure they can sort you out with some matte finish. 

If you can’t get it from LRC then Gliptone definitely do it, I have a litre of it at home. 
I think it’s best applied by spray gun but no harm in trying.