ExAMG

Advice required

With lockdown etc I have had the chance to give my G31 a decent clean for once. It took me 3 weekends to decontaminate the paint due to various deposits!

i then took a weekend applying ‘polish’. I used Meguirs products which finished with Carnuba wax.

i normally use gold class shampoo but have used Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner the last few washes and all seemed fine until this weekend.

Following wash it seems the wax is now all gone!

it may be my drying towels, which were washed and I wonder if the detergent is still active in them?

any thoughts greatly received

With lockdown etc I have had the chance to give my G31 a decent clean for once. It took me 3 weekends to decontaminate the paint due to various deposits!
i then took a weekend applying ‘polish’. I used Meguirs products which finished with Carnuba wax.
i normally use gold class shampoo but have used Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner the last few washes and all seemed fine until this weekend.
Following wash it seems the wax is now all gone!
it may be my drying towels, which were washed and I wonder if the detergent is still active in them?
any thoughts greatly received
Can I ask what products you used for the polishing phase before applying the wax. Normally wax needs to bond to clean paint rather than the last product used to last the longest unless they are designed to work together. This might be the cause of your problem

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not a problem.

A number of products were used!

Tar remover, clay in certain places and some had scratch x. 
All panels had a good clean with Panel Wipe before Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish was applied, then the Carnuba went on top. 
Products are a bit old now though. Bit like me!

one major issue. It was blazing sunshine when I was working on the car! I do not anywhere with shade.

I am sure I am being a plank and hope for guidance

Not a problem.
A number of products were used!
Tar remover, clay in certain places and some had scratch x. 
All panels had a good clean with Panel Wipe before Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish was applied, then the Carnuba went on top. 
Products are a bit old now though. Bit like me!
one major issue. It was blazing sunshine when I was working on the car! I do not anywhere with shade.

I am sure I am being a plank and hope for guidance
Sounds like you gave it the full treatment ! I'm just wondering if the Meguiars polish stopped the wax fully bonding to the paint.
You could test this next time you wash the car by cleaning half the bonnet with panel wipe, which should remove any trace of old wax and then applying another coat of wax to all of the bonnet.

Alternatively if you want your wax layer to last longer you can add a sacrificial layer that protects it - more product to buy ! I would suggest if you go down this route you might want to try Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. It's less than a tenner a bottle online and easy to apply - spray on wipe off .... not when the panel is hot The only slight downside is it won't make your panel feel silky smooth but it's very glossy and sheds water like crazy. It should last for about 4/6 weeks

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying.

i have decided to strip back and work on a panel at a time. But not when hot!!!

Partly due to finding about 50 stone chips which need sorting.

Problem of a black car.

For any LSP, be it wax, ceramic coating or whatever, it has to go on to clean paint. 
The polishing oils and resudue have to be removed using things like IPA, Gyeon Prep, Carpro Eraser etc are good for this. 
As above, a sacrificial “topper” is a good idea, I’ve recently started using P&S bead maker on top of ceramic coating and it does a good job. 

Look for products that are designed to work together for best results.