benp99

My First BMW

Hi all

I'm Ben and I've just bought my first BMW - 2006 E60 520d M Sport in Jet Black. Previous cars include Jaguar S-type V6 and Lexus is 200.

The exterior has a black grill, privacy glass and is debadged. Also has black wheels although these are on my (growing) list of bits to do as they look like they were painted by a 5 year old. Inside it has the half leather/anthracite m sport seats, steering wheel, gear knob and door sills. Aluminium cube trim on the dash which is nice. Also has anthracite headlining which I love. I'm sure there's more options I've not even noticed yet.

The engine and manual gearbox are sweet and steering/suspension is tight. There are a couple of issues with the motor with starting and locking so I'll start a new thread for them and look forward to your help fixing them with me but for now I'm just saying hello.

Picture included after a nice cut and polish this afternoon.

176351373_20200531BMW520d.thumb.JPG.50538ced1209ca3888c4b11d0d1e8235.JPG

419282910_20200531BMW520d(2).thumb.JPG.4210b5006f33a66136ba8210c571a3f6.JPG

Edited by benp99

Welcome to the forum Ben,your 5er looks well in the pics,

Plenty of help and advice can be found on here to help you out.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I managed to fix my remote central locking today as both key fobs didn't work. All I did was go through the fuses in both the glove box and boot. Fuse number 36 was missing out of the glove box. Simply got one out of the spares located in the handy toolkit on the lid of the boot. Well pleased. Will purchase more fuses and stick them in the tool kit.

On 02/06/2020 at 16:42, alexrowe2000 said:

Given the design is 17 years old the E60 is ageing gracefully in my opinion. Enjoy your new car!

To true one of the best 5s ever