oldjohnny

Idrive gone funny.

Today my Idrive suddenly looks like an old tv when the aerial signal was bad.  The graphics are swaying from side to side as in wavy lines. Radio etc all working except the sat nav which lay down a year ago.   It's a pre LCI 530d  so Is it goodnight from him, or can it be reset?

Many thanks for your kind offer Marko.

I have since been speaking to the previous owner, (a pal) and mentioned this to him.  "No worries" he informed me, and issued precise instructions how to fix it, as in a quick slap on the top of the dash!  All working again for the moment anyhow but thanks again.  Appreciate that.

If that's all it took to remedy it then it's probably the LVDS connection is loose at the rear. It's just 2 Torx screws to remove and the unit pops out towards you. Connector in question is the stainless steel elbow type. Although my advice would be to leave alone unless it got worse.

Keliuss

Edited by Keliuss

5 hours ago, oldjohnny said:

Many thanks for your kind offer Marko.

I have since been speaking to the previous owner, (a pal) and mentioned this to him.  "No worries" he informed me, and issued precise instructions how to fix it, as in a quick slap on the top of the dash!  All working again for the moment anyhow but thanks again.  Appreciate that.

Lol, made me chuckle

(Del boy to the vicar, has it received a knock of any kind?

No say's the vicar, Del proceeds to give it a wack.

It has now he winks at the vicar! :lol:

Edited by dirtydirtydiesel

I only wish the sat nav would respond to a good slap as well. Tried all the usual cleaning methods but 'Cannot read disc' message due I believe to the laser being Donald Ducked.  Not a big deal at my age as I have a fair idea where i'm going now.