jambo98

Park Assist, Auto parking

I've had my car for 2 years now and was watching a YouTube video about the automatic parking or parking assist, my car has theses options after checking the vin. 

S5DLA Surround View
S5DPA Park Assist

Daft questions but does that mean that my car has the automatic parking and if so how the hell do you get it to work? 

I also have this and have tried quite a few times to get it to work and failed!

I can suggest downloading the bmw drivers guide app from Play store or Apple store and its covered in there on how to.

Sent from my Samsung S10+ using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, percha said:

I also have this and have tried quite a few times to get it to work and failed!

I can suggest downloading the bmw drivers guide app from Play store or Apple store and its covered in there on how to.

Sent from my Samsung S10+ using Tapatalk

I find it hit and miss in terms of the sensors identifying a suitable space for parallel parking. 

You can sometimes drive past a large enough space without the car seeing it. 

When it does identify the space, the parking manoeuvre is spot on and watching the steering wheel whizzing around is entertaining! 

21 hours ago, Caesar said:

watching the steering wheel whizzing around is entertaining! 

That freaks me out when I use it in my wifes Kuga.  Its a very simple system to use in the Ford.  Switch it on and drive looking for a parking space.  It does all the work for you and tells you what to do via the equivalent of the idrive screen.  Stop, engage reverse, brake, engage Drive etc, meanwhile it spins the steering wheel very quickly.  Gives me the heebee geebees.

I think in the four years of F10 ownership, I've only ever had to parallel park it once.

23 hours ago, Caesar said:

I find it hit and miss in terms of the sensors identifying a suitable space for parallel parking. 

You can sometimes drive past a large enough space without the car seeing it. 

When it does identify the space, the parking manoeuvre is spot on and watching the steering wheel whizzing around is entertaining! 

Tried it 6 times yesterday, worked twice, too much phaffing about, end of experiment.