Sign in to follow this  
sTupac

2015 - F10 530D

Hi everyone I'm new here, and new to modding, had a quick search on the forums, as I'm thinking about having a bench remap done tomorrow. As I understand it this map will take my car from 258 BHP to somewhere around 310, and torque I think up to around 650nm. (I can't remember the base value).

The question I wanted to ask is, can anyone tell me what torque the the clutch and flywheel are rated for on the 8 speed auto?  I can't seem to find this anywhere, just worried that perhaps it might be too much power for the standard running gear? Just after some advice and reassurance really. Never done any mods to any car I've own so whilst I'm excited, my arse is twitching like a rabbits nose at the same time. 

Thanks

Edited by sTupac

The 530d has the 8HP70Z box which is rated at 700Nm input torque.  No clutch and flywheel per say in an auto its a drive plate that the converter bolts too.

I'd be more concerned about any vibrations to the engine that the remap may do.  A few members on here had complained of rough running following remaps which disappeared when the remap was removed.  Make sure you get an agreement with the supplier that if there is any resulting issues, they can reset it back to what it should be.

Personally I would go out and buy a 535d instead.

Edited by 535i Andrew
Just pipped by Percha

Remap companies claims are often quite optimistic.  Ask them about the correction on the rolling road when they give you the printout.  Headline figures might be good when speaking to friends but you also need to consider reliability and driveability. 

When  I was looking to buy I considered a 530d and a 535d. The insurance for a remapped 530d was higher than that for a standard 535d. I was open to either but ended up with a 530d. Very rare is the time I have it in sport with my foot flat on the floor and am thinking "I wish this had more go". FWIW I spent a fair bit of time testing fast motorbikes so I'm no stranger to fast vehicles.

8 hours ago, Craig David said:

When  I was looking to buy I considered a 530d and a 535d. The insurance for a remapped 530d was higher than that for a standard 535d. I was open to either but ended up with a 530d. Very rare is the time I have it in sport with my foot flat on the floor and am thinking "I wish this had more go". FWIW I spent a fair bit of time testing fast motorbikes so I'm no stranger to fast vehicles.

I have a bike licence and have had several bikes in the past and done a few trackdays so yeah I know what you mean. This is by far the most powerful car I've owned on paper, it is an odd experience though, cos I know it is fast, but weirdly when driving it, it doesn't "feel" fast? I don't know if I am explaining this correctly... Not sure if it is the size of it that deceives or what.

19 minutes ago, sTupac said:

I have a bike licence and have had several bikes in the past and done a few trackdays so yeah I know what you mean. This is by far the most powerful car I've owned on paper, it is an odd experience though, cos I know it is fast, but weirdly when driving it, it doesn't "feel" fast? I don't know if I am explaining this correctly... Not sure if it is the size of it that deceives or what.

Agreed. I think because it's quiet, smooth and easy to go fast it can feel less fast. If I get my foot down on a small, twisty road it sure feels quick there. And I think it'd take a well ridden bike to go faster.

13 hours ago, Craig David said:

Agreed. I think because it's quiet, smooth and easy to go fast it can feel less fast. If I get my foot down on a small, twisty road it sure feels quick there. And I think it'd take a well ridden bike to go faster.

yes +1 for the smoothness and quietness it’s when you get to the bend unexpectedly soon that you realise how fast you’ve been going and become glad it sticks to the line well too. 530d is plenty car usually.