Sign in to follow this  
Daveh65

Fuse gone

Hi, changing the interior bulbs to led, I’ve changed one vanity bulb , which is the one in the roof lining when you pull down the sun visor, I have however shorted one of them, got a seat belt restraint error showing and obviously no vanity bulbs working , which fuse has gone ? Dr google seems to think fuse no 32 which is 7,5a the fuse booklet in the boot gives 32 for other stuff too, haven’t got the smallest hands and the glove box access is small at best , any help will be hugely appreciated 

Yes F32 at 7.5 amp in the passenger footwell fuse box protects the vanity light

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f10-535i-lim_201301/wiring-functional-info/body/lighting2/interior-lighting/interior-lighting/EDbuwm2D

In the pic below F32 can be seen below, top part of the fuse box, 4th one down in the middle vertical row of horizontal mini blade fuses, its the upside 7.5 one under the \/ below.

\/

0C0DA39D-3D98-4ABE-B72B-6B73E806C943.jpg

Empty glovebox and remove the panel at the rear to aid visibility

Take the passenger footwell cover off, two T20 screws as you would access for the pollen filters.

Sit on the ground outside the car and lie backwards over the cill so your right shoulder is in the footwell.  You can then get in to change the fuse.  I was in there just before lockdown changing F54 which is the 20 amp one that's the right way up to the above right of F32. Its a really awkward spot to get too.

Not sure why you have a seatbelt warning as I can't see a link in the wiring diagram above to that.  It's a bit more sinister and will need codes clearing and not just a fuse put back in.

I've had a trawl thru TIS and can't see any link between the changing of the interior bulbs and the seat belt restraint warning.  All I can think is you have perhaps bumped something inadvertently when in the car?

If you can read any fault codes and let us know that may help and then clear them and see what happens.  Does anything else electrical not work now?

If it was an E39, I would have asked if you moved the seat position as they were notorious for firing off similar warnings when moving the drivers seat as it would pull on the plug under the seat that connected the occupancy sensor to the car.  Pain in the ass, happened twice on my E39.

Thanks for that , just wanted confirmation, the srs warning came on as soon as the trip happened?? A couple of other forums bought up the same fault and  errors etc, I can clear the faults with ista, bloody stupid place for a fuse box!! Got hands like shovels so it’ll be fun, got a mate with girlie hands so I’ll get him to do it, keeping a safe distance obviously, thanks 

Could be some form of weird electrical spike?  Let us know what fault codes you get.

I found similar on M5post but no resolve was found.  Typical M5 owners, tut tut......:lol:

also came across this on here.

Another search on TIS reveals the crash module locations

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f10-535i-lim_201301/wiring-functional-info/functional-wiring-diagrams/03-body/crash-safety-module/1VnY9gFCNN

Module A21 (from the above link) is located up in the vanity unit.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f10-535i-lim_201301/Dv5SALzw

Did it get upset by a local spark caused by the short or something I wonder, some form of weird interference?

It should be o.k after a clearing of fault codes I would think.

Replaced the fuse , eventually and after dropping one somewhere inside , read the faults with ista , don’t think there was anything directly for the srs but all cleared and no more faults, some of these are old except the rail pressure one and the obvious electrical ones

120C38B5-345D-4496-A98E-00CF92A4F952.jpeg