Joseta48

Trying to install tempomat

Hello,

I bought a tempomat for my 525TDS. This tempomat has 5 wires, but the connector of this car has only 2 pins. I read that I can run it with some resistances, but I can't find any tutorial for do it. Where can I find some information for make it working? 

Thank you very much! 

IMG_20200512_173748.jpg

IMG_20200512_173757.jpg

Here's a link to the official BMW retrofit procedure, which might help. The site is Russian but just click the link under the pic. The document appears to be in German but each section is translated into a number of languages further in.

I've not done this job myself so I'm not able to help.

Keliuss

For the tds you will only need the correct stalk for the later e34 (with or without airbag) I believe. There's no throttle cable on the tds. 

You can use tealoem to get part numbers and cross reference to other models / years 

You can indeed use resistors as the original stalk does aswel. But I don't know the values and my parts are over 1000km away from me at the moment...so can't measure anything for you at the moment.

You will need a stalk to match the car (early airbag, late airbag or no airbag are the main things to look for). Other then that every stalk from an EML equieped e34 or e32 (incl 750) should work (they all have 2 wires). I might have the right one. But I don't expect to see my parts stash before september...