Piper

How to code rear facelift lights using NCS Expert?

Fitted a set of facelift rear lamps to the Touring ages ago, as you know, they flicker.

Two solutions, one is to fit resistors, other is to use NCS Expert, don't want to bodge the wiring so need to use NCS.

would appreciate a how to guide to code the lights to turn off the flickering.

Anyone done it?

Edited by Piper

You'll need to code the cold check off to stop them from flickering.

You might need to code "reporting" off as well because the car might think the lights are broken and give you two jellyfishes in your dash.

LED rearlights is another parameter for coding. But I think this is to drop the voltage going to the CELIS to stop them from burning out. 

2 hours ago, DerekJr. said:

You'll need to code the cold check off to stop them from flickering.

You might need to code "reporting" off as well because the car might think the lights are broken and give you two jellyfishes in your dash.

LED rearlights is another parameter for coding. But I think this is to drop the voltage going to the CELIS to stop them from burning out. 

Is it all self explanatory Derek? Easy to do?

For facelift celis rear lights you would need a newer LCM 3B so it could be coded properly. There are no coding options for LED tail lights on older LCM versions.

9 hours ago, Clavurion said:

For facelift celis rear lights you would need a newer LCM 3B so it could be coded properly. There are no coding options for LED tail lights on older LCM versions.

You sure? I've heard different. 

On 08/05/2020 at 11:32, Piper said:

You sure? I've heard different. 

Check your LCM version coding index with NCS. LCM.C18 and higher has this parameter LED_RUECKLICHT_OPTION (LED tail light option)

4 hours ago, Clavurion said:

Check your LCM version coding index with NCS. LCM.C18 and higher has this parameter LED_RUECKLICHT_OPTION (LED tail light option)

I have no idea where to start with NCS!

On 07/05/2020 at 21:42, Piper said:

Is it all self explanatory Derek? Easy to do?

Yeah if you know your way around NCS Expert, it's pretty straight forward. You can also use NCS Expert Dummy which simplifies it for you and translate it into English. If you love geeky stuff and learning, you'll find it interesting. If you are a hammer bashing bloke like Jeremy Clarkson, you might find it a little in depth and boring.